stereo question ( Pioneer 7500 )

SamZman

I recently put in a Pioneer 7500 ( http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_1986137,00.html ) Anyways, it was fine at first but then it began to flash from black to a white screen. It stays black for exactly 10 seconds and reverses for another 10 seconds. I can read the display when it does this, but the colors are reversed.. and really it's just annoying. A friend has the same stereo and he says his does this too and it's normal.. It's just funny it didn't do it at first and I don't remember the display model at Best Buy doing this. I'm hoping I just wired something wrong..

Anyone know for sure?.. Thanks :cool:

-Sam

Originally posted by Morgan:

you can turn it off.. i forget how but it says in the manual. look for information about the screen saver

I've read the manual several times, and can't figure it out. . You can turn off motion, dimmer,change screensavers and adjust brightness but none of that stops the color from flipping.. :(

i've turned mine off on all of my pioneers (7300, premier 640).. i'll look it up and let you know tommorow. i am 100% sure of this because everytime i disconnect/reconnect my battery its one of the first things i do along with turning on the dimmer!

My brother has the Premier model, and it does the same thing. At night, its fucking annoying, i just hit the button that lets the face drop.

I think, maybe, with the radio off, if you hold the "FUNC" ( function) button for a few seconds, you get a menu that you can scroll through. Not sure, but worth a try.

Originally posted by scarecrow:

I think, maybe, with the radio off, if you hold the "FUNC" ( function) button for a few seconds, you get a menu that you can scroll through. Not sure, but worth a try.

Yeah that's how you get to the other functions I mentioned.. I've tried messing w/ them all and nothing.. I may go to Best Buy again and take a look to see if the display does it.. or maybe someone there will know?..

Thanks for the help so far though, everyone. smile.gif

you guys have no faith in me! graemlins/slap.gif

when the stereo is off and the key is in the "on" position just press 5 and you will hear a beep. thats all, no menus or anything.. its called Demo mode or something. press 5 once again to turn it back on (i don't know why you woudl want to). its at the VERY beginning of the manual in case you want to look it up yourself, i believe right after the table of contents.

Originally posted by Morgan:

you guys have no faith in me! graemlins/slap.gif

when the stereo is off and the key is in the "on" position just press 5 and you will hear a beep. thats all, no menus or anything.. its called Demo mode or something. press 5 once again to turn it back on (i don't know why you woudl want to). its at the VERY beginning of the manual in case you want to look it up yourself, i believe right after the table of contents.

YEAH!!! Thanks a ton! It worked :D .. And you're right I see it in the manual now! It's called Reverse Mode. I don't know how I missed it .. :confused:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/images/smilies/smackhead.gif

Thanks for taking the time to check on that for me.

:cool: