Ford guys, need your opinion

Guest Bens98GT

Guest Bens98GT

What do you think about adjustable fuel regulators?? I know they dont add HP, but since I am running more air through the car with an open eghaust and CAI, do I need one of these.

And if so, should I buy bigger injectors too.

Thanks for you help.

Guest Bens98GT
Originally posted by Blupastu TSi:

an adjustable FPR will bring you nothing (or very little) unless you swap out injectors or have boost in the equasion.

i know it wont add HP, but since I am running more air to the car, shouldnt I add more fuel???

and what size injectors should I go with.

Originally posted by Bens98GT:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blupastu TSi:

an adjustable FPR will bring you nothing (or very little) unless you swap out injectors or have boost in the equasion.

i know it wont add HP, but since I am running more air to the car, shouldnt I add more fuel???

and what size injectors should I go with.</font>

Thats what your mass-air meter is there for. You shouldnt need to add any extra fuel pressure. The computer will sense more air going in, and compensate by holding the injector open longer (thus, more fuel).

I'd stick with the stock injectors until you get the juice. Then I'd get 24-30lb'ers (dependant on the size shot, and whether or not you're running a wet or dry kit) and that fuel pressure reg.

Originally posted by Blupastu TSi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bens98GT:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Blupastu TSi:

[qb]an adjustable FPR will bring you nothing (or very little) unless you swap out injectors or have boost in the equasion.

and what size injectors should I go with.</font>

Thats what your mass-air meter is there for. You shouldnt need to add any extra fuel pressure. The computer will sense more air going in, and compensate by holding the injector open longer (thus, more fuel).QB]</font>btw, this is sufficient until the injectors duty cycle is close to 90%

If you sp;ray or boost then I'd buy the adjustable regulator, fuel pump maybe 255LPH, and 24-30LB. injectors. I say with your mods you don't need it. BUT you said you're sprayin, that'll lean it out a bit SO you might wanna richen it up :D But if you wanna go ahead and do it I would that way less work later on. Peace

Guest General
As of now you do not need an adjustable regulater. The factory computer is fairly capable, and can handle quite a bit of mods. I agree with SOHC, in that you will need at least a 190lph fuel pump (I have a 255 on mine), and I would also go with a spark plug that is one range colder than stock. That will keep detonation problems from occuring. Make sure you are running 92-94 octane when spraying.

Eventually you'll probably ned to do some EEC tuning if you want some optimal power outa that stang. The puter will need some tweakin, I hear the speed brain computer is quite nice and is programmable. 190 sounds just right for a lil bit of spray, 30 to 24Lb. injectors, along with the adjustable fuel regulator should give you the fuel you want, only thing is match the spark and you're set. :D Good luck with tunin the SN-95. Peace

Just had this conversation with a ford tech who's for gotten more then I'll ever know about EEC tuning and boosting modulars. lol

I wanted to run a 125 Zex shot, he suggested 24-30# and 190lph fuel pump. Your computer regulates the fuel presure for you. I was going to have him burn me a "flip chip" for the N2o, but I decided a turbo would be more worth the cash. Essential you get a chip burned to make your car run pig richa nd retarted with no speed/rev limiters (dont want any fuel cut offs). The chip won plug direcly into the EEC-V, but into a device that allows you to turn it on and off. This guy is doing Dyno tunes at Steigmeier Dnyon in St louis Mo. The tune will run you about $300. He will run your car onthe dyno under spray a bunch of timesand set the optimal setting for your specific car, as custom as it gets. It'l be july 20'th ish, you have to preregister. If oyu want more info I'll hook ya up.

I have an adjustable regulator on my 5.0 and it's nothing but a pain. Stock fuel pressure is usually the G spot on these cars. However,I did read in 5.0 Mustang mag where they leaned the motor out by using an adjustable regulator and gain 12hp, but that would consist of some quality dyno time. Good for power adders

Yeah the DAMN EEC is a pain in the ACE from what I hear, but there are some tuners that can work the magic with em'. I think it was in MM&FF, there was a cobra that poped in a speed brain chip and gained round 50 at the wheels. Not abd and I think it is a programmable chip too. Not sure, but I think that they have programmable chips for the Modular stangs. Happy tunin :D Peace