F-body question.

Guest turbojc

Guest turbojc

What is the best bang for the buck mod for a LS1?

My frend has a 99 Z28 that he wants to turn up a little. ;) As of now it is bone stock. He mostly wants to do it with simple bolt-ons.

Around 400hp all motor is what we are shooting for. Any information would be great.

thanks, JC

Originally posted by turbojc:

Actuly he was thinking more like simple stuf like exaust, intake, ecu, ect..... What are stuf like this good fore? HP#'s

Well the lid would be a good first mod. I'll let the LS1 guys chime in w/ a more specific list of mods. I assume you meant 400 flywheel horsepower. He'll need to get into the engine with a cam to hit 400 rwhp.. Unless he goes the nitrous route. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by chochmo:

yea i had cutouts on mine and got lots of shit from the cops about it, but those were dublin cops too, and from my experience they are more assholes than other cops.

You could always get the electronic cutout, open and close it with a switch, its not that much more I think. :D

Originally posted by BIG SHAFE:

You could always get the electronic cutout, open and close it with a switch, its not that much more I think. :D

My understanding is that electric cutouts tend to break over time. Someone feel free to correct me on that. smile.gif

Originally posted by Master Yota:

My understanding is that electric cutouts tend to break over time. Someone feel free to correct me on that. smile.gif

I think we discussed this tonight.

They don't all do that, but mine sure have (and not really over time either, unless you mean a very short time). Burned up #4 a few nights ago. :rolleyes: Time to send it back to get fixed, AGAIN, ugh.

Originally posted by Ground Zero:

my skylark? or does someone else have one? you can beat me on foot right now its in pieces.

No this punk kid at my school has a 71 Skylark pushin about 550 hp with N20. It has drag radials, and no tags, and the moron drives it to school all the time. He loses control all the time and hits mailboxes in it.

Tell Andy to go ahead and take out a silver "turbo" civic

Guest stevil
Originally posted by Max Power:

No this punk kid at my school has a 71 Skylark pushin about 550 hp with N20. It has drag radials, and no tags, and the moron drives it to school all the time. He loses control all the time and hits mailboxes in it.

Holy crap, that's crazy! :eek:

now why do you have to go makins assumptions that just because one kid at my school, who is in special ed classes, cant drive his car... means the rest of us cant?