Motorcycle guys, I think I fucked up royally...

excell

I'm taking all of the fairings off of my motorcycle so I can paint them. I've removed everything but the front shocks, the ones attached to the forks.

I have a friend that is supposedly good with motorcycles helping me. The last bits to remove are the shocks. They are aftermarket units made by "PK Suspension." Well, we can't seem to figure out how to remove them. My friend notices a little 10mm bolt on the very bottom and says you need to remove that to get them off. Well, he removed it and a shitload of this black foul-smelling liquid comes out, and I quickly realize that it's some kind of drain or bleed or something.

I think we just drained the shock oil. Is this a correct assumption? I looked all over and I cannot find a fill hole, so I'm not quite sure what I just fucked up. Can anyone tell me what I did, what it will do, and how in the hell do I fix it?

Thanks. redface.gif

Thanks guys. I got out the Haynes manual on it and the stock instructions seem pretty similar. Let me tell you, pain in the ass. :(

Welp, back to working with no ones help ever again. tongue.gif

HAHA...you suck at the bikes Chris. Honestly though, it seems like you didnt hurt anything, so think of it as a learning experience. And if you have anyother questions, call me and ill get you in contact with my uncle.

-Marc