getting rear tire mounted...

natedogg624

anyone know of a place that is reputable and cheap to mount a tire. i was thinking of just calling competition since they did mine last time.

also where i can i get grease to put the axle back in? auto parts store im assuming. i want to just take my rear tire, not the whole bike in, to save in labor...

what are your suggestions?

I use Bel RAY grease.

Anyways, NATE, I get mine mounted off a road off of E.David Rd.

I get mine done for $28 a wheel for mount and balance.

Here's the addy:

THE WHEEL WAREHOUSE INC.

4600 Gateway Cir.

Dayton, OH 45440

Ask for Brian Ward. He will do them for $30. He uses SCRATCH proof tools and replaces your stem.

(937) 291-2332 or 1-800-941-6400

nick thats UNmounted pricing right? meaning the wheel is already off the bike? purty good to me.

It's taking the wheels in. They don't do bike work, just tires. So you have to bring the wheels in. Why would you want to pay for someone to take your wheels off and on? :dunno:

I ordered my tires from Motosport.com. Same price as Indy but no shipping cost. Had to wait a few days more. Best place to get tires mounted is

THE WHEEL WAREHOUSE INC.

4600 Gateway Cir.

Dayton, OH 45440

Ask for Brian Ward. He will do them for $30. He uses SCRATCH proof tools and replaces your stem.

(937) 291-2332 or 1-800-941-6400

I'm the one who turned Nick onto these guys. They have state of the art equipment. It's brand new. Best balancer you can buy. You won't be disappointed. Brian is a damn good guy too. He's the one pushing the boss to do more bike wheels, etc.... Brian did my buddies wheels for his GSXR in Black Chrome. They turned out bad ass. Just my two cents.

Static balancer is all you need for motorcycle wheels. Anything more elaborate is a waste of money

:plus1:

Motorcycle wheels shouldn't even be dynamically balanced.

A gravity balancer does a fine job. That's probably my next purchase to complete my tire changing set-up.

My .02