Java Question

Mowgli1647545497

Anyone here know how to call activex com objects or controls from java? (Not j++ cuz I need it to be runnable without the microsoft's jvm, if possible)

I need to capture a click event in an html page. I've got a panel that encapsulates the browser (jdic) but it's interface doesn't give me access to the click events.

Help is appreciated. I'll buy a beer and lunch to whoever can pony up how this dang thing is done.

[ 03. February 2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Mowgli ]

thanks for the tips. both of those were meant to be used by embedded java applets - our java that needs to capture the event will be out of context from the html itself, and outside the encapsulated browser.

we're using jdic to encapsulate the browser - it exposes 4 methods in its interface, and we think we have a way to use one of them to accomplish what we need.

smile.gif

Guest graff48

Assign a javascript or vb function to the onclick attribute of the html tag that you want to trigger a call to your control.

Note: pretend the ^ are opening and closing characters (< >) (forum doesn't like HTML tags in our posts!)

^script^

function myJSFunction(){

// make the activeX call here

}

^/script^

// intentional typo below

^button oncclick="myJSFunction()"/^

http://www.idocs.com/tags/quicklist.html