You guys are right.. Insight does SUCK

black00ws6

Well we got digital cable through insight last week since they were the only company back here for now... Supposedly it's digital cable, even though every TV we have has a shitty picture. They are all fuzzy, and their digital cable box is a freakin joke. It just has composite hookups on the back, no component, no s-video, just normal rca jacks. graemlins/thumbsdown.gifgraemlins/thumbsdown.gifgraemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Originally posted by Homey D. Clown:

Well we got digital cable through insight last week since they were the only company back here for now... Supposedly it's digital cable, even though every TV we have has a shitty picture. They are all fuzzy, and their digital cable box is a freakin joke. It just has composite hookups on the back, no component, no s-video, just normal rca jacks. graemlins/thumbsdown.gifgraemlins/thumbsdown.gifgraemlins/thumbsdown.gif

They must have given you a bad box. Mine has component, s-video, and rca jacks, as well as coax cable jacks. Mine is just hooked up through the coax cable jack and my picture is sharp, call them and request a better box.

Originally posted by Homey D. Clown:

I'm assuming you aren't running a digital box on every TV. If it's fuzzy on all (and assuming it isn't a problem with all of the TV's, which is doubtful), you've got a cable problem.

Since your house is newly built, the cable fittings behind the wallplates are highly suspect. These idiot builders slap on the cheapest cable fittings you can get, and even then don't put them on right. And this is if you are lucky enough to have a builder that doesn't wire the house with the cheapest RG59 crap no cable company has used in many years.

The problem could be a large number of things though. As for the box, when I had Insight years ago, their box did have S-video outputs on it; are you sure they didn't give you one of their analog boxes.

Also, digital channels should look clear, even if the analog channels don't. W/ digital, it is either all or nothing, you don't just get a fuzzy pic (you can get digital breakup, but that's never mistaken for a fuzzy pic). If the Digital pics aren't sharp, it's either:

- Jumper between box and TV

- TV itself

- Box itself (but normally the above 2)

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'm assuming you aren't running a digital box on every TV. If it's fuzzy on all (and assuming it isn't a problem with all of the TV's, which is doubtful), you've got a cable problem.

Since your house is newly built, the cable fittings behind the wallplates are highly suspect. These idiot builders slap on the cheapest cable fittings you can get, and even then don't put them on right. And this is if you are lucky enough to have a builder that doesn't wire the house with the cheapest RG59 crap no cable company has used in many years.

The problem could be a large number of things though. As for the box, when I had Insight years ago, their box did have S-video outputs on it; are you sure they didn't give you one of their analog boxes.

Also, digital channels should look clear, even if the analog channels don't. W/ digital, it is either all or nothing, you don't just get a fuzzy pic (you can get digital breakup, but that's never mistaken for a fuzzy pic). If the Digital pics aren't sharp, it's either:

- Jumper between box and TV

- TV itself

- Box itself (but normally the above 2)

his box says digital right on the front....

Every channel that I saw looked fuzzy.... cable box or no cable box...

Then switch people!! In a lot of areas (but definately not all), either WOW or TW will also be in the area.

If not, you can always go to Satellite (but it has it's own problems too). Though I'd still avoid DSL at all costs and suffer with their cable modem service if they are the only providers available.