Good place to DL music at?

SHIEF

What's a good site to get some music at? I don't mind paying a few bucks, but free is always better smile.gif I was just trying Limewire, but it got confusing really quick when trying to get it to burn onto a CD/go into the file I wanted. Anyone have a good site besides Kazaa? I got a virus last time I used that site. Thanks.

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Ares, all you'll ever need.

I went to this site and paid, but it was basically some links like limewire (which I figured out how to get it to the right folder this time), and a few others with it. Not being an ass, but what makes it any better than the rest? I don't see anything special off-hand, maybe you can give me a cool feature run down smile.gif

Originally posted by SHIEF:

I went to this site and paid, but it was basically some links like limewire (which I figured out how to get it to the right folder this time), and a few others with it. Not being an ass, but what makes it any better than the rest? I don't see anything special off-hand, maybe you can give me a cool feature run down smile.gif

Well, I lied about the link it actually is: http://www.aresgalaxy.org/index.html and features-wise, it seems to be easier to find files and get them to actually download. Plus, I've yet to encounter any spyware related to it, which is definitely a plus.

I use the free version of bearshare. I have never had a problem with them. Normally after I get done downloading my stuff I will do a spyware and normally come up with 1 or 2 things. I have downloaded everything from music, movies, games, and programs.

I had WinMX for a little, but then ended up with a very nasty virus. My father has used WinMX for years and never had a problem. So I don't know.