You can find anything on ebay.

Buck531

So I go to use my "Big Green Machine" to clean my carpets last week. Oh snap, the pump is shot.

Call up Bissell. Tell them I need a pump for X model. They say "Sorry sir, you're going to have to take it to a service center.". Uhh.. WTF... I already took it apart (I was telling him this on the phone), and I have the pump in my hand. You're telling me I need to put it back together, take it to a shop, and have them charge me labor on TOP of the part? "yes sir, that's correct". WTF. I already TOOK IT APART. "Sir, we have the entire top half if you wanted to buy it.".. Great, how much is that I ask. "$90.00". 90 bucks? you're kidding me. I can buy a brand new one for $150. I hung up the phone.

Jump on ebay. Do a search for a bissell pump.

Find one for $25 bucks, bid a few times, and I won it for $31. Yay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4387079701

That little POS is what bissell wouldn't let me buy. Oh well. You CAN find just about anything on ebay.

Originally posted by Lustalbert:

ebay is great. only thing you cant find is a way to make marc like women instead of guys.

Wow it never ceases to amaze me at how quickly a post can be turned from something totally normal to a reason to call marc gay....

The breaker box in my house is about 200 years old and very obviously discontinued. Replacement breaker = impossible to hunt down. Found a dude on ebay with about 15 different breakers, snatched those suckers up really cheap. Ebay rox.

Originally posted by Bird69:

7.50 for shipping?? fuck man, but at least you got the the part you needed

For as small as it is, it's farily heavy. Maybe 2 lbs. :eek: .

He/she/they also sent it USPS priority. I should get it in two days. woot smile.gif .

when i needed bearings pressed out of my hub, shops told me i needed to put the assembly back on the car and bring it to them so they could take it apart and then press it out.

i know its liability issues and bullshit but come on.