all you bench pressin workout buffs

XChris1632X

finally after a couple years i have hit the gym again. i used to be really into workin out and trying to keep fit. i want to get my fat ass into shape. id like to hear some of your guys workout plan. im try to build some mass but not trying to be a huge ass bus. im also not trying to be ripped. i usually work out 4-5 days a week, and like 4 or 5 day workout plans. im not looking to work out six days a week. the schedule i use now isnt bad i just have different opninion on what muscles should be worked on the same day as others. i would like to hear others opinions and hear some of your guys workout plans in some detail if you could.

Monday: Legs

Tuesday: Bicepts

Thursday: Back

Friday: Chest

If I can get in the gym other days I'll workout other parts, like shoulders. If you are serious about loosing weight, you'll keep a written journal of the foods you eat and count all calories. Obviously, cardio will help accelerate the weight loss.

What you want to do is simple, but not easy. smile.gif

if you do it right you only need three days, well four if you want to throw in some cardio

monday chest, back and calves

hit them muscle gorups, works the pull push muslces of the upper torso, and i throw in calves that day cause it fits ok in my workouts.

ill do bench: warm up with 135 and strech my muscles with it, norm, wide and narrow grip. then another warm up of 10x225, then 4 sets of 10x320, after that i usualy hit the heave stuff, like 4x365, 2x375, then a couple of singles of 380, 385 or 390 what ever how stong im feeling that day. for back i do the cable pull down of 5sets of 10x230, calves i do the seated calve machine of 10 sets of 50x275, then abs of 5x100 or somthing.

i circuit set those so its bench, calves, back, calves, abs.

wednesday is arm/shoulder day.

preacher bench curls i do 1 set of 10x115, then 4 sets of 10x130. i do lying tricept extensions 5x115. do standing butterflys for the delts at 5x35. then same abs as monday. cuircut them as well

thrusday or friday is legs.

warm up with 10x135, then hit 4x225, then hamstrips do the standing leg curl 5x110

abs like monday.

its not the time you put in the gym but the effort, i see guys talking all the time taking it easy, they dont make any gains, when your in there psh your self hit it hard.

i got 390 on the bench two weeks back hoping to move it past 405 soon, i only weigh 165

Originally posted by 390@165:

if you do it right you only need three days, well four if you want to throw in some cardio

monday chest, back and calves

hit them muscle gorups, works the pull push muslces of the upper torso, and i throw in calves that day cause it fits ok in my workouts.

ill do bench: warm up with 135 and strech my muscles with it, norm, wide and narrow grip. then another warm up of 10x225, then 4 sets of 10x320, after that i usualy hit the heave stuff, like 4x365, 2x375, then a couple of singles of 380, 385 or 390 what ever how stong im feeling that day. for back i do the cable pull down of 5sets of 10x230, calves i do the seated calve machine of 10 sets of 50x275, then abs of 5x100 or somthing.

i circuit set those so its bench, calves, back, calves, abs.

wednesday is arm/shoulder day.

preacher bench curls i do 1 set of 10x115, then 4 sets of 10x130. i do lying tricept extensions 5x115. do standing butterflys for the delts at 5x35. then same abs as monday. cuircut them as well

thrusday or friday is legs.

warm up with 10x135, then hit 4x225, then hamstrips do the standing leg curl 5x110

abs like monday.

its not the time you put in the gym but the effort, i see guys talking all the time taking it easy, they dont make any gains, when your in there psh your self hit it hard.

i got 390 on the bench two weeks back hoping to move it past 405 soon, i only weigh 165

If your only 165, then

A). You are a fucking midget

B). You juice

C). You got lucky and got crazy heredity.

Originally posted by Mr. Wright:

If your only 165, then

A). You are a fucking midget

B). You juice

C). You got lucky and got crazy heredity.

A). 5'9" not a midget, but i aint tall

B). Never took an illeagel substance in my life: no roids, pot, exstacy, coke or anything, not even unprescribed medicine.

C). I just worked hard for it, benching is my thing, ive been benching for almost 14 years, heredity maybe, i got big tits, ask anyone whos seen me, benching is just my thing, i can move some weight.

lot of people my weight can do mid 3's or better. last bench competition the guy who finished second to me got 340, competition i did before that first place took 370ish.

heck the guy in the 148lb class did 465 he was about 5'5"

do you go all the way down to your chest with your bench? I've seen allot of guys who have allot of weight on their bar, but only go down a little bit.... if you don't touch your chest, then it doesn't count.

Originally posted by 390@165:

A). 5'9" not a midget, but i aint tall

B). Never took an illeagel substance in my life: no roids, pot, exstacy, coke or anything, not even unprescribed medicine.

C). I just worked hard for it, benching is my thing, ive been benching for almost 14 years, heredity maybe, i got big tits, ask anyone whos seen me, benching is just my thing, i can move some weight.

lot of people my weight can do mid 3's or better. last bench competition the guy who finished second to me got 340, competition i did before that first place took 370ish.

heck the guy in the 148lb class did 465 he was about 5'5"

I was not trying to be an ass, just stating the obvious. It must be your heredity then, and thats pretty bad ass man. I thought I was doing good on my bench press, at 315 but I got some ways to go. Out of interest what your bench work out? Just to compair to what I do.

And I also agree with Joel, shorter arms help a TON when it comes to bench pressing.

i take a narrow grip so i have a bit of distance, my arms arnt short either, but not oddly long. I touch my chest, though when i did the 390 i arched my back quite a bit and my butt came off the bench a little which wouldnt make it leagel for competition, right now im just training to increase my strength and this seems to work the best. When i got the 350 for my competition i did it strict, and was a little weak from a pulled pec. should be able to do 360-370 stict.

Originally posted by Mr. Wright:

I was not trying to be an ass, just stating the obvious. It must be your heredity then, and thats pretty bad ass man. I thought I was doing good on my bench press, at 315 but I got some ways to go. Out of interest what your bench work out? Just to compair to what I do.

And I also agree with Joel, shorter arms help a TON when it comes to bench pressing.

315 aint bad at all. if you can aviod injury you can be up there in no time if you apply yourself. took me 5or6 years to move up from to 315 to 390 cause of injuries and slacking, now that i think about that sucks took me way to long.

my work out for the bench was listed above, main thing is i just push my self really hard adding a ton of weight for sets of ten, ever set like with the 320 im struggling to get the last tenth rep, if its easy to get ten its time to add 5 more pounds. Alot of its in the mind to, when i got the 390 i was really focused, next week i had more sleep that night but wasnt focused and my spotter was distracting me by standing to close and grabbing at it when i like them to just stand back and step in if i need it. so i choked on 375 :(

I was doing 265-270 about 3 years ago for sets of 8 then messed my shoulder up.. I didnt do bench or incline for close to a year and a half. I remember doing just 135 caused pain. After 3-4 months of therapy, I slowly got back to it and now can max out around 290. If it wasn't for injuries, I couldn't imagine what I would be doing now :(

... plus, I have long ass arms which SUCKS while doing bench.

Guest 1sweet3.4

very true for this guy's goals. Mid to high 300s are very attainable naturally and shorter arms with big chest gives a lot of leverage.

do you go all the way down to your chest with your bench? I've seen allot of guys who have allot of weight on their bar, but only go down a little bit.... if you don't touch your chest, then it doesn't count

Many people that don't go all the way down to that for two main reasons.

1. Less chance for injury to shoulder and elbows and

2. they are professional weight lifters that use what are called blast shirts. they are the most uncomfortable things every made. I tried one and went from 305 to 345 just from the shirt, but i had blood marks all over my back. Imagine a 240 lb guy taking his girl's 100 lb xsmall shirt that is damn near stretch PROOF and putting it on.

I used to be a trainer and for your goals, if you are a fattie mcgee, i am of the school of thought where you first need to get your cardio vascular system ready to feed your muscle. 3-4 days of full workouts i.e. no legs monday type thing is plenty. The muscle specific is for more of a professional goal. those are the most boring workouts and they really are not effective if you biceps(i.e.) can't handle 3 sets each of hammer curls preacher curls pullups and lat pull downs. They are a host of websites out there that have got excellent information. Exercising is such a science that no one is really wrong. YOu just have to find which plan works best for ya. modelling your plan after Sirbenchesalot from above is not going to help you, in fact it will probly kill you.