Triathlons and century rides

drblake

I didn't want to mess up the diet thread with all this talk so I decided to start this one. I'm doing a tri at Caesar's Creek 7/10, one at East Fork 7/17, and an offroad tri at Lake Hope on 7/24. I can get you the links if you were interested in checking them out. They should all be a lot of fun.

As far as tips, I would just suggest training hard for the swim. I was never much of a swimmer so this is the hardest part for me. For bike training I just ride about 15 miles as fast as I can. I just log my times every ride and try to improve each time. If you can ride 15 miles fast then 12 should be easy. Run training is very similar for me. I try to run a little further than 5k and keep a log of my times. Rest days are the most important though. DON'T OVERTRAIN!

Honestly, the swim is the worst part, and the biking is awfull as well. I do the olympic distances, so these are pretty tame. I might do those, but not sure at this stage, lower back proublems during long runs are killing me right now, got to figure out why.