(NEW)fastest f-body in columbus

Guest TIMMY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

I was thinking Ledges in the summer, possibly Cooper in the fall. It can't be ALL straight line, that's no fun ;)

i would reccomend beaver run before ledges (and i started at ledges)

Originally posted by Just Another F-body:

if you guys are talking about the mario i'm thinking of, isn't he the guy who would tell people to look for his bottle, which sat under a sweatshirt on the passenger seat, tell them he wasn't spraying, run spray the whole race, and then accuse the other guy of spraying?

Mario emailed me and asked me to post this, since he is not on this board anymore (although he also can afford the internet):

Originally posted by Mario:

Can you please respond in there that I heard about this post and thought it was funny (as all posts should be) but to set the record straight: I have never cheated anybody (motor races are always on motor; nitrous races may or may not be on nitrous). I have never accused anybody of cheating (without knowing for sure). This is one of the many untruths that I hear about me spread by people who don't really know me. However I do admit to NOT telling everybody about my mods and going to great lengths to make the car look like it did when I first bought it.

PS. I am going to take this sweatshirt idea under advisement I need to figure out a trick way to get the line into the engine compartment after going through the sleeve.

Guest FBody Addict
under the sweatshirt-out the sleeve-into hole in tranny tunnel-up to compartment, with sleeve lying against tunnel as to keep line hidden, it's not that hard to figure out

So I have a question: How much can you make on a weekend or on a good night of bettable racing? 500 bucks? A grand? Two grand?

I'm curious. Folks seem focused on money/scamming instead of just having fun, IMO, so I'm curious what level of money we're talking here that makes it worth the trouble.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

I'm out dang near every night playing around. I just don't trawl over to the east side to stand around much. I "commute" enough during the week for work. ;) I'm driving around the NW side all the time though.

Im on Sawmill damn near every night, and I have never ran into you. I would like to though ;)

-Marc

Originally posted by TimbrSS:

Mario emailed me and asked me to post this, since he is not on this board anymore (although he also can afford the internet):

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mario:

Can you please respond in there that I heard about this post and thought it was funny (as all posts should be) but to set the record straight: I have never cheated anybody (motor races are always on motor; nitrous races may or may not be on nitrous). I have never accused anybody of cheating (without knowing for sure). This is one of the many untruths that I hear about me spread by people who don't really know me. However I do admit to NOT telling everybody about my mods and going to great lengths to make the car look like it did when I first bought it.

PS. I am going to take this sweatshirt idea under advisement I need to figure out a trick way to get the line into the engine compartment after going through the sleeve.

</font>MUCH easier ways to pull it off. Put bottle in full site, then take it out and let the other guy put it in his trunk while you run. Have Spare bottle in speaker box, false floor, up under dash, you'll figure it out. Spray off the hidden tank. Then get yours back when you collect the money. It's always good to carry a spare for busy nights of racing.

Also, for the record, just how in the hell do you cheat in a street race? Short of pissing in the guys carb or trying his car to a phone pole. It's street racing for Christ sake. If a guy wants to run you, he's running what ever you have, spray, blower, what the hell ever. If he's dumb enough to put up his money saying his sthits faster, then it's up to you to prove him wrong, no matter what. This shit of cheating when street racing is bullshit. Rules are pretty simple, don't leave before the other guy unless you have the go and don't run him off the road if he's beating you (and the second one is open to discussion). I get so sick of hearing people saying so and so cheated because they sprayed, or they had a blower that sounded like a bad alternator or what the hell ever.

It's true that there are FEW guys on here that are street racers, and even fewer that are quick or fast. I have heard a number of people make the same silly statement: "Just wait till I build such and such, I will show the mouths of CR who's fast." You know who you are that have made that comment, and to that I reply Nope, ain't gonna happen. Reason is that no one here will run you so you can prove your point, so it's academic.

I'll run anybody. But I'm not burning my free time in some east side parking lot for hours to set something up that'll take 2 minutes. Come across each other or meet up shortly on the NW side and I'll play with you. Or grab a bite and a run, that works too. For fun not money. Money doesn't add anything to it for me. I have a much easier+consistent way to income - my job. Just seems to me as soon as you get into all the stuff some guys seem to worry about then it becomes work, not fun. Its also the reason I've avoided playing music for money or working on games for money. Play becomes work.

But again, if thats what you enjoy, I'm not gonna knock it.

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Im on Sawmill damn near every night, and I have never ran into you. I would like to though ;)

-Marc

I'm sure we will. You drive whats in your sig? That a Camino or Malibu? I didn't know Chevy made a Malibu in that Camino-ish bodystyle (I had a 1967 and two 1980 Malibus) - so I'd love to see it up close. I'll keep an eye out. My car's pretty low key unless you see it from the front. Its also quiet.

Why does everyone come on here and think no one races? I have been out to several meets and thats all they did was race. I can say that there are several of us on this sight that race all the time, we live south of columbus but we still race. There are cars in the 9s to cars in the 14s, we just like to have fun. Not everyone wants to talk trash on the internet! We will all come up to columbus some this summer.

Eric

the reason some of us GC people say that s because of things in the past... to where some fbody owners were talking a lot of shit to some stang owners here in GC and calling BS on there times... and when the fbody owners were called out they said "oh were not giving you what you want" so that was BS. Thats just a example...

Not saying everyone doesnt race... but besides the cruises that they do.. (nice cop attention getter btw lol) when a few people have been called out on here after the fact of talking massive shit or calling BS ... they wont race or think of girly excuses why they cant. thats why... the GC peopel are sick and tired of 90% of CR thinking there cars are slow (referring to past and present events) b/c every single ones of these cars are 12 sec+ and faster from N/A cars to N20, to turbo'd cars.. thats why we all get mad.

Quick thought.. if you wanna call BS on a car.. be prepared to have something faster or as fast to run your mouth about.. (in my opinion) and actually race. lol

I agree with you Amy, I was just saying that claiming all of CR dosen't race, is false. I beleive the percentage of street racers is higher than you realize. Some people just don't talk about it all the time.

And I didn't think I was giving anything away to the cops about street racing seeing that it is metioned in 75% of the threads.

Eric