Thinking about a weekly ride......

Casper

Would you participate in a weekly dinner ride?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a weekly dinner ride?

• Definitely
    • Maybe
    • Never

I've had a few people mention they'd like to do something like this, so let's see what the majority think:

Instead of having a weekly bike night, we have a weekly ride. This ride would be to a place up to 1.5 hrs away for dinner. Each week, someone picks a destination, maps out the ride, and plans the place to eat. Every week its someone different planning and somewhere different to ride/eat. The idea is to get close enough to other cities that we can meet more people from the board.

For example: We could ride from Columbus to Ashland. Then the Cleveland guys/gals could ride to Ashland and meet us for dinner. If we leave by 6p, we could be there by 7:30p, and home by 10:00p - 10:30p. Then the next week we ride towards Cinci, then Toledo, then Sandusky, etc. You get the point.

We could continue to do this on Thursdays, or we could move the day. That will be a later vote. First off, how many of you are interested in doing this weekly?

I'm in. I think we should go to bike night in dayton one thursday.If that is when it is.Maybe even Ninjanick will attend that night.

He claims to work second shift...Can't get him to do anything in the evenings...

Just gotta figure out which corner he sits on

It doesn't have to be Thursdays. I'll put the day of the week up to vote. I'm actually thinking Fridays so we don't have to worry about as many people having to work early Saturday. I'll go ahead and start another poll for the day of the week.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=15441

Depending on the poll results, we could also switch the night around. Say one week do the 1st choice of the poll, and the next do the 2nd choice. This way more people can get involved. Plus if you didnt want to do it every week, then you would only be going every other. Just a thought tho :dunno:

• 2 years later...