ANOTHER Mustang (please be gentle . . .)

RadDawg

. . . or at least by me dinner first :D . I live up around the north end of Sawmill, commute to Circleville every day, so I puts the miles on. Bought an 01 Mustang GT 'vert last fall, great price, lousy timing. So far only a CAI and tires (Kuhmo Ecsta's SUCKING in snow!) Plans fo' spring, tho. Other vehicle is '04 F-150, great for picking up pieces as they fall off the mustang.

Originally posted by Old Dirty Bastard:

Kuhmo Ecsta's I would agree suck at winter welcome to the board

Umm, depends on which ones. I have the ASX's and they are fine, but they are designed to be an all season tire. Over half of Kuhmo tires that Tire Rack sells are called "ECSTA" something’s, ranging from racing slicks to summer tires to all seasons.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome. I have a 97 Cobra and a 97 F150 so I know what you're talking about. I used to commute in my stang 100 mi./day. I even had Kuhmos too! If you don't mind my 2 cents are to save your money for some gears, difference is night and day.

Gears are on the wish list, but a ways down, magnaflows first, then spings+shocks. Blower would be nice.

My Kuhmos were listed as a "Summer Max Performance" on tirerack.com, not much tread, but God did they hook up. I wish now that I had kept them for the summer.

Originally posted by RadDawg:

. . . or at least by me dinner first :D . I live up around the north end of Sawmill, commute to Circleville every day, so I puts the miles on. Bought an 01 Mustang GT 'vert last fall, great price, lousy timing. So far only a CAI and tires (Kuhmo Ecsta's SUCKING in snow!) Plans fo' spring, tho. Other vehicle is '04 F-150, great for picking up pieces as they fall off the mustang.

Be proud of your Stang and welcome to the board

I work at Berger Hospital, in the Radiology department. Not much else left down there that you can collect a paycheck from, all the factories are shutting down and moving out. Gotta love cheap offshore labor. The ride's dark green with a tan top and 17" Bullitt wheels.

...I lived in Ashville for quite some time until recently.. I think I have seen that car. You must do that whole "washing" of your car I hear so much about smile.gif It is kinda sad to see that area kind of shut down..that's kinda' my Homeland, so to speak. I remember when people came from the whole state to cruise Circleville (I never understood why..but I was there..)

I do try to keep her clean, but as many miles as I put on it's almost impossible. You'd be amazed how much you can drop your ET's by simply removing about 20 pounds of dirt off your paint ;D The funny thing about Circleville is that even tho not many people cruise downtown anymore, most of the cops are still dicks. Must be a small-town thing.

Originally posted by 360 IROC:

Welcome to the Board

I'm looking for some mustangs to have some fun with. My car was out all last season but iI'm ready to go now.

Yeah, he needs to find a slow Mustang. Kevin's affraid to run me. Buwahahahaha...

I try to avoid going in on the weekends, since I'm salary and don't get paid for it. When the weather's nice I'll take 104 or better yet, Winchester Pike home to Columbus. 23 puts me to sleep, plus too many cops around.

I haven't been to a strip since about 1982 - lived in Akron, used to take my 76 Camero (454+bore/stoke=big money=low ET's) up to Dragway 42 about every weekend. I'd love to do that again, but I'm sure I'd need an hourglass to measure my reaction times. Always wanted to try autocross, tho. Watched a few times down on campus last year, looked like a LOT of fun, but it would involve dragging my ass out of bed early on a Saturday. It's all about the motivation.