Trade my 600RR for a new 1KRR....What would you do?

MattKatz

Keep or Sell.....The '06 600RR for a New 1KRR  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or Sell.....The '06 600RR for a New 1KRR

• Sell the '06 6RR/ Part out all mods for a New 1KRR...Paid for out the door.
    • Keep the '06 6RR and finish up with the mods....Which will only decrease in value with age.

I am seriously thinking about selling the 600RR and Stepping up to the 1000RR.

I Currently have a lot of money and parts invested in the '06 and I think that to get to where I want to be..I would be better off seling the 6RR and getting the 1KRR.

I have the BIke pretty much maxed out on power right now as its putting out 111HP at the wheels through a FUll Yosh Exhaust, Velocity Stacks, BMC Filter and the PC.

520 Chain Swap with -1/+2 gearing....and its still not enough for me.

Th bike just lacks the low end grunt I want out of a bike.

I really miss the low end Torque of my previous Gixxer....But I love the build quality and RIde of the Hondas..so maybe the 1KRR s for me.

I currently only have 2400 miles on my bike..so getting top dollar for it in a sale locally will come with ease this time of year.

I also Have a Ton of CF items that are on or waiting to go on the bike I could sell off.

I have my Tail,lowers, mirrors, Speedo cover, front fender and rear hugger.. Most of which is One off stuff and Uber HArd to get or have made.

Not to mention the March Wheels, Sparco Gas Cap, Pazzo Levers...and a whole lot more I am sure I am forgetting.

Also...Basically a whole 'nother Body for it as well since I was getting ready to paint it.

It doesn't help that even with all of my performance mods that I am a 6' 240lb. guy....I think I just need a bit more bike to haul my big arse around.

And If the GF wants to ride....Which is Next to never..but if she did....that is just too much for the 6RR if you ask me.

I did a Real world Calcultion of what I could realistically sell all of this for in a Fair time and came up with $11K+ in parts with the bike being sold as well , under KBB's book on it.

More than I can likely get a new 1KRR out the door for.

Hmmmm....What to do.

What would you do?

BTW..ANy Dealers want to give me a Good deal OTD on a 08 Honda 1KRR.

I am seriously thinking about selling the 600RR and Stepping up to the 1000RR.

I Currently have a lot of money and parts invested in the '06 and I think that to get to where I want to be..I would be better off seling the 6RR and getting the 1KRR.

I have the BIke pretty much maxed out on power right now as its putting out 111HP at the wheels through a FUll Yosh Exhaust, Velocity Stacks, BMC Filter and the PC.

520 Chain Swap with -1/+2 gearing....and its still not enough for me.

Th bike just lacks the low end grunt I want out of a bike.

I really miss the low end Torque of my previous Gixxer....But I love the build quality and RIde of the Hondas..so maybe the 1KRR s for me.

I currently only have 2400 miles on my bike..so getting top dollar for it in a sale locally will come with ease this time of year.

I also Have a Ton of CF items that are on or waiting to go on the bike I could sell off.

I have my Tail,lowers, mirrors, Speedo cover, front fender and rear hugger.. Most of which is One off stuff and Uber HArd to get or have made.

Not to mention the March Wheels, Sparco Gas Cap, Pazzo Levers...and a whole lot more I am sure I am forgetting.

Also...Basically a whole 'nother Body for it as well since I was getting ready to paint it.

It doesn't help that even with all of my performance mods that I am a 6' 240lb. guy....I think I just need a bit more bike to haul my big arse around.

And If the GF wants to ride....Which is Next to never..but if she did....that is just too much for the 6RR if you ask me.

I did a Real world Calcultion of what I could realistically sell all of this for in a Fair time and came up with $11K+ in parts with the bike being sold as well , under KBB's book on it.

More than I can likely get a new 1KRR out the door for.

Hmmmm....What to do.

What would you do?

BTW..ANy Dealers want to give me a Good deal OTD on a 08 Honda 1KRR.

At 111 RWHP, you certainly haven't got the most out of your bike. Based on simple and mid line bolt ons? Probably...

Want more and want to spend only $1000-$1500? You can do a full on Supersport build that will be dependable and effective. You'll need to consider a better exhaust, but overall gains will be much more noticed...

However, a CBR1000 (08) is a killer bike and definately more than you'll ever need.

Let me ask this - are you able to overide your 600?

Oh, and thinking you can get $11k for a street 600 is out there. The wheels are pretty much all the bike has. CF parts are cool, but don't add anything to the price really. What you need to consider is that one, when adding a bunch of parts for simple bling factor, you tend to NEVER get close to what you have in your bike when you go to sell it. Dealers are pretty much going to look at the NADA Average Trade value and MAYBE allow a bit more with what you have on the bike, but not much.

As far as price goes, CBR600RRs are going for about $6k to $6500 in minty fresh condition... Not a popular bike, either so you need to take that into account. The thing is, really all you have in terms of extra is the wheel set.

I think asking $7500 as it sits is more than fair. The wheels and such are worth an additional $1k over higher retail value. The other stuff? Not worth much at all... Trade value? Probably looking at $4500-$5500 and maybe more on a newer bike... With EVERYTHING including the wheels.

Your best bet is to part it out and sell the components online. You'll still be looking at getting maybe 1/2 of what retail is for the items so...

Common items that most guys do or that really do not "add" to your price:

-PC. Everyone with an exhaust has one.

-Yosh system. Entry level exhaust and the most common. Not a Leo or Akra, Arrow, etc...

-Pazzo levers. Not as common, but serve no real function to a street rider other than bling...

-Velocity stacks and BMC. Pretty standard stuff. Again, not an addition like say having motor work or your wheel set, etc...

I'd say the CF goodies like the tail section, fenders, lower, etc are pretty cool, but many guys will think you crashed the bike and replaced those items. You're most likely better off to sell them and put the OEM stuff back on. You could do the hugger and fender, but the mirrors, tail and lower are things that would make me think you low sided it or something and with the levers replaced, it makes it even more of a thought...

As far as two up on the CBR1000 - your GF obviously hasn't seen the rear seat on the 1K... It is by no means passenger friendly...:D

Lizard....Did you read my post even....By no means would Sell the bke as is.

Selling all my aftermarket goods seperately and the bike as a Slightly modded stocker is what I was referring to.

I would leave a few mods o the bike and sell it off..then unload the Plethora Of Aftermarket parts I have.

I sat down and did "REAL WORLD" pricing on the list of parts I have and the Bikes potential Market Value and I came up with over $11K Dollars easy.

THe CF stuff is very nice..and as far as being Wrecked...Hardly not considering I still have all of the OEM stuff to put back...so as for wrecked..no.

And Wow..you are really assuming a lot about my selling prices as well.

I would still ask under KBB for the modded bike....

I Buy and Sell bikes all the time for Extra loot..and I sell parts all the time as well.

SO I would guess..I know the market so to speak.

I factored in Real world pricing into all of this.

I could lay out a list of pricing if you would like...but it would be long and really not worth my time to prove a point to you.

And The GF RARELY rides..like once a year she might ride with me..but getting us both on the 600's power just makes it a SLug and very unenjoyable.

No I cannot override the 600..Few people can...especially on the street....Nor do I ride it like such...That is not a reason not to step up to a bike that can haul me around on the street a bit easier.

I am not a newbie here...Respecting the new power would be all its about.

And as far as Power output..Yeah.....Its about all you can get wrung out of these 600's without Spending a ton of money and going to internal engine mods....But why..when I can step up to a new,more potent powerplant from the factory.

Thats the whole point of this post....

But I guess you must have missed that.

This is being Mis Read.....

I would sell the bike in as close to OEM form as I could...Then Also Sell All of the aftermarket items in a part out.

SOrry if this confused you guys.

I see the bike pulling n $6500 Easily lightly modded and I have enough parts to net me another $3K in parts sales alone.

The March's with new rubber and sprocket alond will easily net my $1800.

Another $1700 for the Abundant amount of parts I would still have should be a walk in the park to get.

Hopefully this makes more sense now.

In no way, shape or form would I ever Expect a buyer to pay $11K for a 600....Not even new...and modded.

I know better.

I am having the same issue minus wanting the more power part i just want her because she is beautiful, lightweight, and she does have more power but like i said i am pretty content with the 600s power.but I dont have the aftermarket you have so I am going to have to cough up some dough instead so I have no advise. I just keep pondering solutions.

i have thought about the same thing only staying tru to my kawi love. but i keep just putting it off cuz it is a big jump and im a small guy. i have rode the 1000cc bikes and for me and my stature its to much power. im not saying i cant handle it im just saying on the street i dont like to power wheelie out of corners still leaning. it makes for a good picture but it also makes for a nice mess to clean up when it goes wrong.

I think I understand...

Basically, you are saying you have $11k invested and would ask about $7500 for everything. Sounds fair enough... I think.

Nope...Reading COmprehension still owns joo....

I have FAR more than that invested.

I can Recoup abot $11K for what I have...Maybe $10.5K if I want to leave a little leeway.

I guess you must think you know it all huh...Appear that way since you think my Parts are worthless....and you have that $7500 number stuck in your head.

Lets just be realistic here......

Bike..Books for $6800+ still....

Mine has Uber low milage at 2400..Very clean..Would sell with BMC , Speedo healer and Chain SProcket Set,Puig Screen and Flushies in the FRont.

Lets just Say $6600....Good deal ..under Book and very fair....And an very easy price to sell at.

PC...$200

EX...$500

CF Parts

• CF tail...$350..Good luck getting one of these...Let alone one that has had all the fitment worked out already.
  • Lowers Pair...$200
  • Mirrors....$100
  • Fender....$180
  • Cluster Cover....$80...Once again..GL...Only a few in the states
  • Rear Hugger..$75

Body Parts ...Extras

• Upper...$200
  • L mid Fairing...$75
  • R mid Fairing...$75
  • Tanks COver 1....$75
  • Tanks COver 2...$75
  • Ram Air Covers....$65
  • Solo Cowl...$110
  • 1KRR Fender...$75

March Forged W/Pilot 2CT's/Drive Systems Sprocket (new)... $1800

Pazzo Levers ...$140

Sparco Gas Cap ...$125..Good luck getting one of these in the states as well

Rear Passenger peg Signals...$125

Velocity Stacks...$75

That right there adds up to $11.3K.

Minus shipping which would be included in those prices.....Net of about $10.5K or so.

Now show me exactly where you see only $7500..OR where I am overpricing any items at all.

You won't..Because you cant.

You do the math.

You do the math.

wow ... I guess now all that needs to happen is you actually sell the 600rr and get the 1krr ... good luck

I have FAR more than that invested.

I can Recoup abot $11K for what I have...Maybe $10.5K if I want to leave a little leeway.

I guess you must think you know it all huh...Appear that way since you think my Parts are worthless....and you have that $7500 number stuck in your head.

Lets just be realistic here......

Mine has Uber low milage at 2400..Very clean..Would sell with BMC , Speedo healer and Chain SProcket Set,Puig Screen and Flushies in the FRont.

Lets just Say $6600....Good deal ..under Book and very fair....And an very easy price to sell at.

Average deal at best. Most are going for $6500 in premo shape. The add-ons mean nothing that you'd include. So, they negate to $0... Plus, it doesn't mean shit what KBB says. Dealers use NADA...

PC...$200 - Worth didly. OEM is worth as much. Common.

EX...$500 - Entry level exhaust. Again, OEM is worth more with the miles you have. Yosh system you have is the cheap version they make. Wanna have something worth a bit? The systems I mentioned are considered top shelf...

CF Parts

• CF tail...$350..Good luck getting one of these...Let alone one that has had all the fitment worked out already. - Again, cool part here. Price is "OK", but you can get a legit high end piece from OPP and it'll cost more. Bling factor and I think an addition to the $6500 would be added here. So, price at this point can be at $6650 since parts are worth 50% of retail...
  • Lowers Pair...$200 - See above. Good part here. Add in and we have $6750...
  • Mirrors....$100 - Lame. Kinda a cheesy addition, but what the hell - $6800...
  • Fender....$180 - Cool part again. Retail goes to $6900...
  • Cluster Cover....$80...Once again..GL...Only a few in the states - Cluster cover is cheesy and easily something similar found in LP. $0 value...
  • Rear Hugger..$75 - Bling factor and no value... $0.

Body Parts ...Extras

• Upper...$200
  • L mid Fairing...$75
  • R mid Fairing...$75
  • Tanks COver 1....$75
  • Tanks COver 2...$75
  • Ram Air Covers....$65
  • Solo Cowl...$110
  • 1KRR Fender...$75

ALL are worth $0 as it should be available as stock parts. Extras are fine for racers, but the street guys aren't going to be very inclined to pay more for them...

March Forged W/Pilot 2CT's/Drive Systems Sprocket (new)... $1800 These are cool, but very limited as to value. They're worth about $1000 at the high end. No matter what, they're used even with new tires and Sprockets... So, we have $7900. Realistically, as I stated before (you're reading comprehension comment can be inserted here), you'd be lucky to get $7500 for it all... BUT, you seem to know it all so...

Pazzo Levers ...$140 - $0 value. Bling factor...

Sparco Gas Cap ...$125..Good luck getting one of these in the states as well - $0

Rear Passenger peg Signals...$125 - $0

Velocity Stacks...$75 - $0

That right there adds up to $11.3K.

Minus shipping which would be included in those prices.....Net of about $10.5K or so. Again, the value is about $5-$6k. Not $11.3 or $10k. If you were to sell them all seperately, you might pull slightly more, but again, used Pazzo levers can be found all day long for $70 +/-...

Now show me exactly where you see only $7500 - I stated you could sell the bike in OEM fairings with the wheels and tires for about $7500. If you sell it w/o the body parts (OEM) and use the CF body parts, I think $7500 is still fair. Again, you throwing out the reading comprehension comment is thrown back at you.....OR where I am overpricing any items at all. See above. Selling them at the listed prices above seems fair enough if done 100% seperately. But, again, the wheels as an example - you can get new tires and teh wheels for almost what you are asking so, it isn't a deal. $1k is more than fair and an expected price for such wheels...used.

You do the math. I did. $7500-$7900 (high end) is a legit price for the bike with the Pazzo, CF goodies, wheels and such. The stock bodywork isn't worth shit and the PC and exhaust are actually on the lower end of what people would like to see if expected to pay more than NADA value for. Understand better now?

See comments in red above....

Shut the fuck up Lizard honestly....I've seen you add NOTHING positive in the last year I've been on this site, you just bash every damn thing anyone has to say. He'll have no problem selling most of those parts at those prices on .net because that community loves wasting money on RR's. myself included.

Now....Lizard....I don't know if you are dumb....Ignorant...An Asshole..or just never learned how to read...but let me make this clear one last time.

The bike would be sold in nearly STOCK form with the exception of the BOLD items above.

I keep all of my stock Stuff just for this reason.

SO even with your reasoning....of $6500 for a premo bike

...Fine..

THat's what I was asking...and offering.

And as far as KBB..

I use it for every bike I sell.

I sold 12 last year..all priced slightly under KBB....How about you?

All sold in under 10 days as well.

But I guess you know better than I.

The REST of the Parts...would be sold off individually.

Is that clear enough for you?

And for the prices I have it listed for..should sell easily over at .net.

I can't tell you how many people want my CF tail....and the other parts will be fairly easy to sell off...Especially at my prices.

My prices are More than fair considering some of the prices over there.

And OPP..High end...Dude...I am a FG fabricator...and I work with a little CF as well..Their shit is Pure Junk...This stuff is 10x Nicer than OPP's.

Nuff Said.

And you keep pointing it out that my Yosh is Entry level....MMM...KK....

How?

A CF Ful Yosh RS-5 is Entry level?

Even if you consider it as such....Its still a nearly $1000K exhaust..not a slip on...That I would sell for half of what it was new?

Wow..do you want me to give it away?

Not to mention..good luck finding a Used Full System for that.

And $200 for a PCIII Too much..Really.

Thats a typical going price for a used unit these days.

And the wheels....Bwaahahahaaaaa!!!!.

$1000 Bucks....Are you serious?

These have 200 Miles on them for Starters...THe tires still have nubs on them.

The wheels are a special setup for two....Very few made.....Aluminums cast in the Mag mold...so they are symetrical.

Just new ALuminums are about $2K by them selves..then throw in nearly new 2CT's...and a brand new sprocket....Now we are at About a $2500 set of wheels for $1800 Shipped.

I mean seriously...where are pulling this shit out of your ass from?

And the Bodywork..that is OEM..Is all Extra on TOP OF the ORiginal OEM stuff going back on the bike.

Your an idiot..Period..and I will not respond to anymore of your Useless, BS posts.

Your obviously a guy who thinks he knows it all and cant even read and follow what is beng said.

If you can't read a simple Description and comprehend it...after its spelled out for you..I don't want to get into a pissing match with you..

It will just make me look like what you are....An Idiot.

Shut the fuck up Lizard honestly....I've seen you add NOTHING positive in the last year I've been on this site, you just bash every damn thing anyone has to say. He'll have no problem selling most of those parts at those prices on .net because that community loves wasting money on RR's. myself included.

Uh, ok... Where was I bashing? Really. Point it out. He asked a community of riders what he should do. I gave my opinion. He's apparently really smart and yet confused because he's argued on two different fronts. But, you and he can have a grand ol' time of spooning and butt fingering with each others' Hondas and tell each other how cool the other is.

If you all buy those parts at the prices listed, you'll note I thought they were in the ball park. I can say I've sold ANYTHING at any price at any time. We're all professionals on any site we attend. At least in our own mind...

Anyways, good luck. You'll probably get $6500 in stock trim if it is in primo condition. The point was selling it with parts or whatnot. Apparently, I am the one not getting the point across.

By the way, how rare is Carbon fiber bodywork? I see it all the time. The rims he has? Pretty easy to find. Are you guys talking for 600RRs? Is that the rareness of them?

For kicks, here's some of the best bodywork you can buy in this country:

http://www.oppracing.com/bodywork/type/33-600/#307 I know, I have some...