Trade my 600RR for a new 1KRR....What would you do?

MattKatz

Keep or Sell.....The '06 600RR for a New 1KRR  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or Sell.....The '06 600RR for a New 1KRR

• Sell the '06 6RR/ Part out all mods for a New 1KRR...Paid for out the door.
    • Keep the '06 6RR and finish up with the mods....Which will only decrease in value with age.

some of the prices over there.

And OPP..High end...Dude...I am a FG fabricator...and I work with a little CF as well..Their shit is Pure Junk...This stuff is 10x Nicer than OPP's.

Nuff Said..

Considering that you are a "fabricator", you then go and say that the RS-5 is not entry level. Yeah, good one. Let's stop with the BS name calling, cool? You're pretty tough behind the keyboard and you may have others fooled into you being such a savy bike guy, but honestly, the shit you got on your bike isn't uber rare. I was willing to point out they were cool, but honestly, after the name calling and shit, I think I'll have some fun...

And you keep pointing it out that my Yosh is Entry level....MMM...KK....

How?

A CF Ful Yosh RS-5 is Entry level?

See, I know you think you know it all and I seldomly brag, but in your case, I'll make an exception. I've been racing for 14 years and am in the industry itself. The exhaust you have is entry level. I just hope you are touting a full Ti system and not the SS one...

Now, if you take and actually research systems for your bike, you'll see that Arrow, Leo, Akra, etc. are considered premium systems and will pull the best results in terms of power for most machines. Of course, you probably know that, right. So, saying you have a premium system isn't really correct. Maybe mid-level at best, but considering the one off stuff that can be had from Yosh direct (need one? I can make a call), that's not their top shelf item. It's readily available via Parts or similar avenues and pretty common, also...

Even if you consider it as such....Its still a nearly $1000K exhaust..not a slip on...That I would sell for half of what it was new?

Wow..do you want me to give it away?

Again, most "common" parts are usually 1/2 of what they were at retail. Say a $1800 full system is available. Usually, they ask for at most, $1k. Pretty common. 1/2 was a starting point and from there, based on condition (we're going by your word), it can be worth more. Again, in all of this, you are asking for opinions. You even did the gay poll deal.

As far as the CF parts, sure. You can get more if they are so rare, but honestly, you are either selling it at what I stated or you really didn't pay as much as you said...

Not to mention..good luck finding a Used Full System for that.?

I can get that system for about $600 new... Maybe at most $700, but you get the idea...

And $200 for a PCIII Too much..Really.

Thats a typical going price for a used unit these days.

That's too much. Here's $269 all day long. I can get it cheaper than this, too...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-CBR-600RR-DYNOJET-POWER-COMMANDER-PC-III-3-USB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ35597QQihZ017QQitemZ270238656311QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

But, I'm an idiot...

And the wheels....Bwaahahahaaaaa!!!!.

$1000 Bucks....Are you serious?

These have 200 Miles on them for Starters...THe tires still have nubs on them.

The wheels are a special setup for two....Very few made.....Aluminums cast in the Mag mold...so they are symetrical.

Just new ALuminums are about $2K by them selves..then throw in nearly new 2CT's...and a brand new sprocket....Now we are at About a $2500 set of wheels for $1800 Shipped..

The wheels are forged. I know what you have. They are used and again, the wheels are worth about $1k used. Maybe get $300 more for the tires and all, but no more than $1500 for the set-up... You can grab them for about $1800... How are they special made? Do you have some sort of documentation that says they are "special" as opposed to what the general public can get?

I mean seriously...where are pulling this shit out of your ass from?

And the Bodywork..that is OEM..Is all Extra on TOP OF the ORiginal OEM stuff going back on the bike.

Your an idiot..Period..and I will not respond to anymore of your Useless, BS posts.

Your obviously a guy who thinks he knows it all and cant even read and follow what is beng said.

If you can't read a simple Description and comprehend it...after its spelled out for you..I don't want to get into a pissing match with you..

It will just make me look like what you are....An Idiot.

Well, that was well stated. Maybe do us a favor and not post a thread asking for opinions. Were you looking for "OOOHs" and "AHHHHHs" over what you have? I think it is strange all together...

Hmmmm....What to do.

What would you do?

If every thing on your bike is the best of the best or limited quanties why get rid of it.You must have plenty of money to afford such rare items.Keep it and buy a new one.Thats what I would do!

:plus1:

I'd keep it. I hate selling something and then finding myself regretting it. Hmmm....Maybe that's why we have no garage space.

Shut the fuck up Lizard honestly....I've seen you add NOTHING positive in the last year I've been on this site, you just bash every damn thing anyone has to say.

:plus1: We all know you're omnipotent (in your mind) but seriously you're a douchebag. I don't know whether you really believe the shit that comes out of your mouth or you're just really unhappy with your own life, therefore trying to rain on everyone else's parade. I don't actually care. Don't go away mad, just go away....

But, you and he can have a grand ol' time of spooning and butt fingering with each others' Hondas and tell each other how cool the other is.

The point was selling it with parts or whatnot. Apparently, I am the one not getting the point across.

Call me another Honda owner lookin' to "spoon" I guess. :rolleyes: Lizard you obviously do a lot of track time, and seem to have considerable knowledge from working in the motorcycle industry.... But do you realize how much of a know-it-all you come off as?

I thought he was pretty clear from the get go that he wanted to strip all the aftermarket parts & sell them in the secondary market....Thereby selling the bike in fairly stock condition. He then repeated that intention several times over while you became further entrenched in your argument about how he would never get $11k for the bike/goodies :confused:

I understand you were tryin' to be helpful....But you come on VERY strong... especially when someone disagrees with you! And since when is a CBR 600 considered "less than desirable" or however you put it? And not everybody is solely focused on "Balls to the Wall", hardcore, track riding like you are. There ARE other styles out there some of us enjoy equally

Matt.....If you haven't been disillusioned by this site yet......Stick around. My vote would be to go with the new 1kRR. Every mag I've read absolutely loves it. Basically tied for first in MotorCyclist or SportRider with the ZX10.....They call it best all around bike & it turned the fastest lap time on the track 'ta boot. Also earned "Most likely to succeed" honors. They say weight to power is amazing, and handles like a 600! Sounds like you've done most everything you want on the 600 without going anymore major coin.....So now may be a good time to trade up. Good luck, whatever your decision! ;)

Again, most "common" parts are usually 1/2 of what they were at retail. Say a $1800 full system is available. Usually, they ask for at most, $1k. Pretty common. 1/2 was a starting point and from there, based on condition (we're going by your word), it can be worth more. Again, in all of this, you are asking for opinions. You even did the gay poll deal.

WTF are you talking about sparky?? Half of retail??? As an ebay powerseller for 8 years now I can completely call BS on that one. They may only be worth half to you, being in the "industry", but to the average consumer they are most likely worth closer to 70-80% of retail. Been there, done that. Get over yourself.

And I even did the gay poll deal as well...

And Matt I apologize for this thread getting way off subject a this point.(like that never happens) Based on what you've said and my own experiences, get the 1k. I went from an 03 954RR to an 05 600RR, and I loved it... untill I traded that for an 06 1000RR. Still one of my all time favorite bikes. (out of the 50 some that I've owned) The 600 is a great bike, it does everything well and none of us can ride it to it's potential on the street. However, IMO, the 1000 does it better.

WTF are you talking about sparky?? Half of retail??? As an ebay powerseller for 8 years now I can completely call BS on that one. They may only be worth half to you, being in the "industry", but to the average consumer they are most likely worth closer to 70-80% of retail. Been there, done that. Get over yourself.

And I even did the gay poll deal as well...

Add that to his unilateral opinion that all guys over 30 with MySpace are creepy pedophiles/losers etc :rolleyes:

I thought you were goin' to bed 3 hours ago?!? :wtf:

Call me another Honda owner lookin' to "spoon" I guess. :rolleyes: Lizard you obviously do a lot of track time, and seem to have considerable knowledge from working in the motorcycle industry.... But do you realize how much of a know-it-all you come off as?

I thought he was pretty clear from the get go that he wanted to strip all the aftermarket parts & sell them in the secondary market....Thereby selling the bike in fairly stock condition. He then repeated that intention several times over while you became further entrenched in your argument about how he would never get $11k for the bike/goodies :confused:

I understand you were tryin' to be helpful....But you come on VERY strong... especially when someone disagrees with you! And since when is a CBR 600 considered "less than desirable" or however you put it? And not everybody is solely focused on "Balls to the Wall", hardcore, track riding like you are. There ARE other styles out there some of us enjoy equally

Matt.....If you haven't been disillusioned by this site yet......Stick around. My vote would be to go with the new 1kRR. Every mag I've read absolutely loves it. Basically tied for first in MotorCyclist or SportRider with the ZX10.....They call it best all around bike & it turned the fastest lap time on the track 'ta boot. Also earned "Most likely to succeed" honors. They say weight to power is amazing, and handles like a 600! Sounds like you've done most everything you want on the 600 without going anymore major coin.....So now may be a good time to trade up. Good luck, whatever your decision! ;)

Well noted. I do sometimes get a little over the top on responses. Sorry. But, what I do try and do is limit the name calling and BS shit like Zero did with the thread he started.

I did mention he had some cool parts. I also tried to understand him better by asking if he was saying he had $11k invested, etc. I was trying, but he started with all the grade school retorts so, I fired back. I'm not going to sit and take comments that are based on hate rather than facts...

I'll leave it to you all to sort out. Good luck...

Uh, ok... Where was I bashing? Really. Point it out. He asked a community of riders what he should do. I gave my opinion. He's apparently really smart and yet confused because he's argued on two different fronts. But, you and he can have a grand ol' time of spooning and butt fingering with each others' Hondas and tell each other how cool the other is.

If you all buy those parts at the prices listed, you'll note I thought they were in the ball park. I can say I've sold ANYTHING at any price at any time. We're all professionals on any site we attend. At least in our own mind...

Anyways, good luck. You'll probably get $6500 in stock trim if it is in primo condition. The point was selling it with parts or whatnot. Apparently, I am the one not getting the point across.

By the way, how rare is Carbon fiber bodywork? I see it all the time. The rims he has? Pretty easy to find. Are you guys talking for 600RRs? Is that the rareness of them?

For kicks, here's some of the best bodywork you can buy in this country:

http://www.oppracing.com/bodywork/type/33-600/#307 I know, I have some...

:plus1: We all know you're omnipotent (in your mind) but seriously you're a douchebag. I don't know whether you really believe the shit that comes out of your mouth or you're just really unhappy with your own life, therefore trying to rain on everyone else's parade. I don't actually care. Don't go away mad, just go away....

Well noted. I do sometimes get a little over the top on responses. Sorry. But, what I do try and do is limit the name calling and BS shit like Zero did with the thread he started.

I did mention he had some cool parts. I also tried to understand him better by asking if he was saying he had $11k invested, etc. I was trying, but he started with all the grade school retorts so, I fired back. I'm not going to sit and take comments that are based on hate rather than facts...

I'll leave it to you all to sort out. Good luck...

Lizard, Fonzie pretty much summed up what i meant, I just said it a lil harshly bcuz i was in a rush. We also talked about this on the ride yesterday. I just think the way you come off is strong. You seem to be a nice guy (and from who's met you, they also say you are very nice), but maybe the way it ends up in words on here displays a different view to me. I apologize for the :bitchfight::D

For some reason this wasn't comin' up when I hit "New Threads" 'til Aaron just posted.

Forgot to add Matt.....Talk with Fusion. He just got the new 1kRR & seems to be EXTREMELY happy with it thus far

Well noted.
Ummm....Geeee....sadnews.gifthanks.gif

true true yamaha and suzuki both are poised to pulls something big out from under thief sleves, from what I hear Suzuki is going to be pulling all the stops on the 09 lineup. Even though I'm not all that much of a fan of Suzuki I can't wait to see what they come up with for the gsxr's next year