Formula retired for the year

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That turbo is going away, it's too small. I was thinking about putting it on the V6, but Marc would be jealous. After all, his MAD MALIBU just wastes 16 second cars all day long!

I will be getting a bigger turbo, and it will be going on the V8. That one I thought my do well, but after some condieration, realized I'll max it out and not make the power I want.

STALL STALL STALL!

http://www.summitracing.com/landing/mustang/ln_02feature.htm?ID=%7B82417BC5-2BB2-4CBA-88AC-2C8F6A37BBC8%7D&Type=5

http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/converter_basics.htm

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/09/converter/

http://www.gttransmissions.com/torque_converters.htm

http://www.powerdemon.com/Torque_Converters.html

http://www.artcarr.com/storm.cfm?funnelaction=3

http://www.converter.cc/faq/faq.htm

It's not a ricer term, ass. It's a commonplace term used by many people, especially considering the dialect. Like pop and soda.

Anyways, 58000 GVW is the size of the cooler I've been running since the day the tranny/stall went in.

That turbo is going away, it's too small. I was thinking about putting it on the V6, but Marc would be jealous. After all, his MAD MALIBU just wastes 16 second cars all day long!

Actually douche, my beater is just that; a beater. It's not supposed to be fast. It's supposed to get me from point A to point be in relative comfort and be reliable.

Turbo'ing your V6 would be a waste of both time and money. Sweet, you would take a 16 second car and make it run 15's :jerkit:

So to you DARKFORMULA, get off my nuts.

-Marc

John, a kit most likely.

Tom, he brings it on himself. And after his latest round of shit talking, then running 14s, he needs to quit while he's ahead :)

Anyone remember the "I'm going to be in a magazine in my 10 second show car" talk, and then you ran 12's? You have marginal room to talk...

-Marc

STALL STALL STALL!

It's not a ricer term, ass. It's a commonplace term used by many people, especially considering the dialect. Like pop and soda.

Anyways, 58000 GVW is the size of the cooler I've been running since the day the tranny/stall went in.

Hmm, read ALL that, never once did I see any of those sites use "STALL" as a noun, specifically referring to a convertor, I saw it used alot as a preposition, referring to a specification of a convertor.

English, do you speak it???

And both soda and pop are nouns, they are a common noun specificing ANY brand or flavor or the combination of soda water, sugar, and flavoring.

You are doing something like calling Pepsi a Pepsi coke, which is how it's done in the south, they use Coke, as a common noun, but it's a proper noun, refering to a specific product. Not that it's correct, but what do you expect from a bunch of rebel flag waving rednecks?

So your use of stall is like calling your car a fast. A fast what? Fast isn't a noun, it's a preposition that is used to describe something about your car (actually sitting on stands is a good way to describe your car in it's present condition, nothing fast about it).

So, since you have a "Stall" which I can only find a definition of as far as a noun as being an inclosure for livestock, I will bring you over some livestock feed, but you will have to let me know when you butcher this livestock, so I can bring over the Wok, some garlic and spices, and cook it up and put it over some RICE.:D

As far as the cooler, in all seriousness, high stall convertors create alot of heat, and trannies don't like heat. You might consider a trans temp gauge, if you don't already have one. Tinman ran a loose convertor in the Camaro, ask him about it if you are questioning my statements. But realize that just because you talk like a ricer, and make futile attempts to act like a badass, only to have me laugh at you, and pick apart silly shit like this stall thing, I still don't want to see you fuck up your car. Nor do I want to see you to generate problems for yourself that could be avoided.

John, a kit most likely.

Tom, he brings it on himself. And after his latest round of shit talking, then running 14s, he needs to quit while he's ahead :)

have you been watching tech lately, high-flo came out with a kit with 321 stainless that keeps all the accessories for $4200

up to a 4" downpipe as well.

I was referring to a specification of a converter. I run, specifially, a stall converter.

I drive a fast car. What kind of car? A fast one. I run a torque converter. What kind of torque converter? A stall.

As for Marc, I ran 12s on seven cylinders. I don't see you doing that on all eight, let alone with as much as you've run your mouth to anyone who'd listen :lol:

And I'll let my brother step in and tell you what a turbo can do to a "V6" that's a waste of time and money. My relative point A to point B car serves the same purpose yours does, so why even run your mouth about it?

Hmm, read ALL that, never once did I see any of those sites use "STALL" as a noun, specifically referring to a convertor, I saw it used alot as a preposition, referring to a specification of a convertor.

English, do you speak it???

Desperado, you're the king of owning yourself.

The word "stall" could never be a preposition. There are only a certain amount of prepositions in the English language. They are words like "as," "of," "at," and so forth. "Stall" is not one of them.

The delicious irony - something you're so adept at bringing about that, at times, I think you're doing it purposefully - is that, right after claiming that "stall" was used as a preposition, you then taunt Anthony by asking, "English, do you speak it?"

Fucking brilliant, just fucking brilliant. You've outdone yourself again.

I was referring to a specification of a converter. I run, specifially, a stall converter.

I drive a fast car. What kind of car? A fast one. I run a torque converter. What kind of torque converter? A stall.

As for Marc, I ran 12s on seven cylinders. I don't see you doing that on all eight, let alone with as much as you've run your mouth to anyone who'd listen :lol:

And I'll let my brother step in and tell you what a turbo can do to a "V6" that's a waste of time and money. My relative point A to point B car serves the same purpose yours does, so why even run your mouth about it?

Alright, let your brother step in and tell me what a turbo did to the TRAILERED, UNSTREATABLE V6 that is a shops track car. Let him tell me how reliable it would be as a daily. Better yet, let him tell me why he de-modded his own car. Oh, for the reasons I was making...he wanted to go back to a reliable car he could drive every day.

Are you missing the point? It's your fucking beater...there is no reason to turbo it. But hey, it's your wifes money, do with it as you will. I'm done with this argument.

-Marc

A fast what? Fast isn't a noun, it's a preposition that is used to describe something about your car (actually sitting on stands is a good way to describe your car in it's present condition, nothing fast about it).

Oh, wait, more self-ownage. Had I read a little further, I would have noticed that you're once again confusing prepositions and adjectives.

Keep up the good work, Desperado.

Oh, wait, more self-ownage. Had I read a little further, I would have noticed that you're once again confusing prepositions and adjectives.

Keep up the good work, Desperado.

Yeah, shit I got my adjectives and prepositions twisted. But regaurdless of that, the NOUN part was right, and a "stall" is a place to keep livestock.

All torque convertors have a stall, which is a specification, all convertors will stall (verb) at there designed stall(adj) specification. Convertors however are not referred to as a Stall (Noun), or a Stall (proper noun) Convertor. It's like calling a tire a "round" tire or a "rubber" tire. Walk around saying that you got a new set of "round rubber tires" for your car, and watch everyone laugh. Because, no shit they are round, and made of rubber, no one has ever seen a square fucking tire, or a tire that wasn't make of rubber, on a car anyway, just like there is no such thing as a torque convertor that doens't have a stall specification, it's simply assumed that it has a stall speed, figuring that if it didn't, it's either broke, or it's not a torque convertor.

BTW, do you realize that it's been almost 20 yrs since I did any of this language arts type shit. I am lucky to remember at all.

Damn I'm old. Damn damn damn.

1st thing I thought when I saw that turbo is that it's WAY too small and that it was a Holset turbo (what Cummings use(d) on the Dodge). 4 bangers use those more often now and they are a great setup on those. Definitly not a V8 turbo as you have learned.

As for putting a turbo(s) on a V6, it can be just as driveable as anything else. And can be just as potent as any turbo'd V8. Whether you use 1 big turbo or 2 smaller ones is your call/and how much room you have. I've been giving the turbo V6 some serious thought over a V8 w/ any power adder.

Anthony, let me know when you get started on this turbo thing. I'd like to check/help it out.

yea ill be over to help/bullshit with ya ant esp since my car wil be done when you get back :) or ill be in the winter car :):)but yea gimme me a shout when you get back from down south so it looks like 2 weeks till i get my egr and air systems deleted?

and who is to say that there isnt ANOTHER Turbo in ANOTHER Box? possible TWIN TURBO a turbo for both Banks :p

Alright, let your brother step in and tell me what a turbo did to the TRAILERED, UNSTREATABLE V6 that is a shops track car. Let him tell me how reliable it would be as a daily. Better yet, let him tell me why he de-modded his own car. Oh, for the reasons I was making...he wanted to go back to a reliable car he could drive every day.

Are you missing the point? It's your fucking beater...there is no reason to turbo it. But hey, it's your wifes money, do with it as you will. I'm done with this argument.

-Marc

Betta check yo'self, fo you wreck yo'self.

http://www.zzperformance.com/latest_news1.php?id=64

This car drives on the street, on a stock bottom end.

http://www.zzperformance.com/latest_news1.php?id=57

This car drives on the street, with a stock bottom end and stock heads.

And they are both FWD.

I did not demod because the car wasn't streetable. Don't ever put words in my mouth.

You can commence to sticking your foot in your mouth anytime, thanks.

Yeah, I'll be over to help/bullshit with you Anthony especially since my car will be done when you get back :), or I'll be in the winter car :):). But yeah, give me a shout when you get back from down south. So, it looks like 2 weeks until I get my egr and air systems deleted?

Who is to say that there isnt ANOTHER Turbo in ANOTHER Box? Possibly TWIN TURBO? A turbo for both banks? :p

Fixed it so it's a bit more comprehendable for the rest of us. Thanks for the headache!

I did not demod because the car wasn't streetable. Don't ever put words in my mouth.

Sorry Chris, the words came straight from your big brother.

I believe he said it wasnt practical...which to me means it can be driven on the street, but is more of a hassle than it's worth. My bad :rolleyes:

-Marc