WTF happened to Top Gear?

Science Abuse

So...where the fuck is it? 10pm wedsdays on the Discovery channel, right? WTF is with the cripples in the jungle? What sick fuck pitched this at a board meeting? "Hey, we need some reality show where people break down on cammera...HEY! Lets take a bunch of british cripples and stick in the fucking jungle, then film them as they break down in the sheer impossible'tude of their situation! It'll be fucking great!"

So anyways, what the fuck happend to Top Gear, the discovery channel site is fucking useless, all flash, and no links work.

The real version of Top Gear ended for the season a while ago. They're actually about to come back on the air in November over there. Just download the episodes like I do heh. The one they show on Discovery channel is a hacked up version of the British show, anyways. It was still cool to watch, though.

The real version of Top Gear ended for the season a while ago. They're actually about to come back on the air in November over there. Just download the episodes like I do heh. The one they show on Discovery channel is a hacked up version of the British show, anyways. It was still cool to watch, though.

Your new calling in life is to distribute the episodes to us! :)

Where are you getting them?

i liked top gear until i saw the episode with the new C6. so fuck them.

In Britain the base model Corvette coupe rings in at £45,850 ($85,660) and the convertible at £51,850 ($96,867). Those are entry level cars, not Z06's.

If the slowest available Corvette, the drop top auto, costs over $100,000 after tax, titles, and fees...would you buy it? Would you give it a good reveiw if the price put it in the same territory as Ferrari's and Porsche's? If I had 70,000p to spend, It wouldn't go into a Z06, it's go into a Ferrari or a GT3.

A good $40,000 car is a shitty ass $100,000 car. :nono:

Your new calling in life is to distribute the episodes to us! :)

Where are you getting them?

Haha. The show airs on Sunday nights over there, so usually by Tuesday the torrent would be up with plenty of seeds. I just go to torrentspy.com and look it up. Hell, if you go there now there still have all of last season (season 6) with a decent number of seeds.

In Britain the base model Corvette coupe rings in at £45,850 ($85,660) and the convertible at £51,850 ($96,867). Those are entry level cars, not Z06's.

If the slowest available Corvette, the drop top auto, costs over $100,000 after tax, titles, and fees...would you buy it? Would you give it a good reveiw if the price put it in the same territory as Ferrari's and Porsche's? If I had 70,000p to spend, It wouldn't go into a Z06, it's go into a Ferrari or a GT3.

A good $40,000 car is a shitty ass $100,000 car. :nono:

the episode i saw, they raced it against a 911 NA, an NSX, and a 350HP TVR. during the drag race segment, they said it was neck and neck with the NSX. correct me if im wrong, but dont NSXs run like mid 13s, and a new C6 runs like 12.7 or something... not really neck and neck. then they went on to make fun of the "plastic" exterior :rolleyes:

but i do get what youre saying about the prices.

during the drag race segment, they said it was neck and neck with the NSX. correct me if im wrong, but dont NSXs run like mid 13s, and a new C6 runs like 12.7 or something.

Couple things...

-Depends on Driver. It takes a few trips to the track to get the absolute best time out of a car. When you have a test driver presented with a pack of fresh cars, he accurately represents a buyer hopping dealerships, and he'll bang gears as a new owner would. Also, GM lies. They'll list a drag time that was taken on Comp TA's and is the best of 20 runs, just so the consumer doesnt realize they can make a GTO just as fast for 60% the cost. Take a dealer stock C6 auto coup and run a 12.7, I bet no one here can. ;)

-NSX's suck...they suck bad. an even bigger waste of cash then a vette no matter where you buy it. They run about £63,000 over there, which equals about $110,000, and cost $89,000 here. Much smaller price differential.....but still a rip off. :p

BTW, from Discovery.com's reply service: "It was not cancelled, it has run its course. It is currently being revamped for the US, and should air again in December."