CR Vbb (this new board). Feedback?

MrMeanGreen

It's now been almost three months since CR moved from UBB to Vbb for the board software. It was purchased by the members of CR through their donations, and installed shortly thereafter.

So I'm curious. I personally liked it from the beginning, although I was skeptical initially because it was a change from what was "normal" for almost four years.

I'm interested in hearing from you, the CR members (old and new), your comments/concerns about the new CR Vbb.

Guest mudbutt

I guess Im alone in not liking it. I never liked a few other boards that I have been on that were vbb. There was something about ubb I liked better, I really wish I could put my finger on it. It was a little "warmer" if you will. The ability to change names at will and keep the same login name I liked too.

For the most part I really dont care. Im not the one running the site. If it makes your job easier, more power to ya.

I would like to see a more PHP type front page with local news and stuff. Like about the local racers who race on local tracks. Weather it is drag racing, or Car racing at Mid Ohio, or Bikes at mid Ohio, maybe we as a group can get behind these people and learn more about actual "racing" and see how they are succeeding or failing. We could also have news about the traffic cameras, and other motor vehicle related topics that are reliable and up to date. Just a thought….

A good example:

http://www.nasioc.com

I would like to see a more PHP type front page with local news and stuff. Like about the local racers who race on local tracks. Weather it is drag racing, or Car racing at Mid Ohio, or Bikes at mid Ohio, maybe we as a group can get behind these people and learn more about actual "racing" and see how they are succeeding or failing. We could also have news about the traffic cameras, and other motor vehicle related topics that are reliable and up to date. Just a thought….

A good example:

http://www.nasioc.com

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCTTTTTTUUUUUAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYY

I've already started working on something like this. Stay tuned, and be prepared for RSS feeds. This is my winter project. I've been working with PHP and MySQL alot at work lately, and want to incorporate it into our board. PHP is the fucking shit, and RSS rocks. Keep the suggestions coming though. We need them.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCTTTTTTUUUUUAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYY

I've already started working on something like this. Stay tuned, and be prepared for RSS feeds. This is my winter project. I've been working with PHP and MySQL alot at work lately, and want to incorporate it into our board. PHP is the fucking shit, and RSS rocks. Keep the suggestions coming though. We need them.

You the man Ben!