The new Z06

Amy

This has probably been posted already but anyhoo.... Was out the other night and saw the new Z06 out at McDormans... pretty badass if ya ask me. I think they did a nice job with it. It was a yellow one. (needed chrome wheels but other than that.. very nice)

Anyone else see any new ones yet?

Seen a silver one on Georgesville rd. last week while stopped in traffic. Kept trying to slow down so it could catch up to me at a light I was in my F550 box truck. I was getting mesmerized by its front lights in my side mirror. As soon as his lane broke free he got on 270 just as I passed it. Missed opportunities.

I am sure Stock Mufflers are killing the power to a point

From Road and Track article,

Electronics also plays a part in the exhaust system, allowing full-throttle backpressure to be kept to a minimum while still safely passing the drive-by noise test. The stainless-steel pipes' diameter has increased from 2 1/2 to 3 in. and they are welded to a pair of larger-volume mufflers. These mufflers each have the familiar pair of exhaust tips but the inboard ones are normally closed by vacuum-operated butterfly valves. They are allowed to open only when their electronic control system senses the throttle-plate angle and engine rpm have reached a predetermined point that is well beyond the range of normal driving.

:eek::D

From Road and Track article,

Electronics also plays a part in the exhaust system, allowing full-throttle backpressure to be kept to a minimum while still safely passing the drive-by noise test. The stainless-steel pipes' diameter has increased from 2 1/2 to 3 in. and they are welded to a pair of larger-volume mufflers. These mufflers each have the familiar pair of exhaust tips but the inboard ones are normally closed by vacuum-operated butterfly valves. They are allowed to open only when their electronic control system senses the throttle-plate angle and engine rpm have reached a predetermined point that is well beyond the range of normal driving.

:eek::D

Matt, that's for the C6 Z06, not the C5 that was being dynoed. The C5 just has regular ol' mufflers on it. Though the guy should have at least upgraded to the C5 Z06 titanium setup; it's lighter, flows slightly better, and though a little louder, would still be fairly quiet.

Why Get a the new ZO6 when you can do this with a C5 on pump gas through Stock Corvette Mufflers?

I'm willing to bet the new LS7 internals will handle a hell of a lot more power than the LS1. It may even be on par with a fully built aftermarket bottom end.

Time will tell. :D

Seen a couple around here...sounds like a NASCAR when they get on it. Pure ba-dass.

Then again, I've also seen a white GT-40, tons of Bentley coupes, Aston-Martins, Lambos, Ferraris, blah-blah-blah...South Florida kind of corrupts your mind when it comes to cars :)