Christmas Project if CR wants to help be good Publicty for CR people.

thorne

Along time ago when I was a child my parents struggled very hard after coming out of the military. One year in particular my farther was laid off, My mom was working 2 jobs . But we could barely make ends meat. But the Childrenhospital foundation got wind of this by some other family submitting us. And that year instead of waking up as a very sad child with no presents I received a Bike. And many other great gifts. To a child 2 Presents is better then no presents. Children spend all year looking forward to the arrival of Christmas .

Now i know allot of us have financial hardships especially with this economy . I am no stranger to this. But in a turn of events I found my self with some extra money for myself to actually have a small Christmas. But I had in savings around 70$ for Christmas. Since i don't need this any longer instead of the 20$ i was gonna take to Big Lots and buy present I'm taking 70. This is were you come in. If you can find it in your heart to Donate a NEW unwrapped gift or If you wanna really get wild we can make a competition out of this . I've got 70 on the table , Anyone wanna try and top me ? Or Match me. Anything helps and I donate these gifts no latter then mid next week.

If you have any questions see me. I will be glad to explain in detail how i do it and were i go. For those who itemize I can give you a receipt for the donations. I hope that i can find a few outpourings here at synoran because Every Gift is a chance to make a child much less fortunate then ourselves have Christmas. And from my memories that means allot... So I figured if i can get support from other people i can do allot more.

Sincerely

Santa Thorne Drive's a Monte SS this year.

Would be cool to see some of our other cool cars come out with gifts to the fire department. Shoot enougp publicity we can be a mini parade ..

Then again this just could bne a flame bait for myself.

Tally so Far.

70$

If you wish to be anonymous you can place envelopes markets FOR Santa bill in my Mailbox or on my desk. Or unwrapped gifts can be placed at the back of my desk. I would be in heaven if i came in before mid next week and had to call for backup just to get presents out of here :) or to go pick them up for biglots

THANKS SO MUCH

Happy Holidays

and

Merry Christmas

It's a good thought. I just think it's hard for everyone like you said with the economy being the way it is. Just thought I'd say I would completely donate if I had the extra cash on me. But I'm eating ramen noodles right now in my 60 degree condo and about to pay rent. :) Heat's expensive.

Despite what everyone says behind your back Thorne, at least you're good hearted. ;-)

I'll match you $75 , just let me know how to get it to you. I have to work Weds night, but should be able to move my shift so I can help you deliver gifts, and I am more than happy to do so. It's always gives you a good feeling to help someone during their time of need.

Ok guys Here is the info 503 reciepts is not a problem . A few of us are meeting at my office and cruising 2 the west side Biglots to buy toys and donate them I have 106$ so far in my jar and 6 bags of toys.

so if interested call my cell 6387904

Were going to Westside Firedepartment

checks can be bade to fire fighters for kids.

http://www.firefighters4kids.com/

Figured a 7-8pm arrival @ firedepartment on the westside of columbus on sullivant

my number 6387904 again if you wanna coridnate to show up with my crew.

So 5pm meeting few poeple at my office to go shop with what cash we have.

6pm arrival biglots on west side (lots of barby dolls and shizzo)

7-8pm arive fire department . with hopefuly 1 monte trunk full if not more :)

Cars Going

Monte SS (Me)

Berrete (Darkwind)

Loud pipe Truck (possibly My dad)

I'm making a second cash only drop off tommrow because our ceo wants to write a check. So tommrow is cool too. If you wanna meet me somewere or go with me up there after work @ 8pmish. I've got 166$ in my pocket 6 bags of toys in the trunk and im going to go see what else i can buy for these kids....... I will take some pics and tryp to upload them later

Guest mudbutt
Any way we can pay-pal? With our situation at work I thought I was not going to have a christmas at all. Turns out I got some money as an early present from an uncle who doesnt have much money. I used that to buy everyone else gifts. I ten sold some stuff, now I will have some extra dough after I buy some more gifts. I would like to partake in this, as I feel that no matter how bad things are for me, they have been worse and could be much worse. No child deserves a shitty christmas. Id drop off money but Im in dayton.PM me if I can do this.

hey bud, I'd love to help ya out, I'm already sending $50 along with the rest of the money my extended family has put up for a family in a similar situation ... if I'd have heard about this earlier I'd chip in too ... and yes McGraw's condo is 60* and we are eating noodles

I'm gng tommrow around 8pm. As for why that one. Its the one i can trace back to helping me when i was a kid. So i give back. BTW I will post some pics later today in this thread of the 2 car loads we dropped of last night plus poeple are still bring in stuff tonight.