VW are peices of crap!

BIGGU

So i bought a new car for the winter beater a 1995 golf gl and its done nothing but taken abuse from me. this car is the biggest peice of shit ive ever owned. driver side door lock wont turn when its even slightly cold out, damn driver door wouldnt even open today, rear hatch leaked like crazy, thermostat got stuck open today, starter went bad a couple of weeks ago left me stranded, sputters like crazy starting, burns a bit of oil when i start the damn thing up and it rattles so much on the inside. this thing just pissed me off. i will never ever own another Vw in my damn life. once summer hits im not even going to try to sell this damn thing. im going to either give it to charity or set the bitch a blaze.

So i bought a new car for the winter beater a 1995 golf gl.

I think thats your problem. You bought a BEATER, obviously got it cheap and its over 10 years old, its' gonna have problems. I think your being to picky since its not pretty like your miata. Shit, I'll come pick up the car from you if you hate it that much. PM me....

My buddy Kenny (you all might have seen him around he has a black VR-4 and he'll just about race anyone.) works for VW. Said they're easily the biggest P.O.S. on the market. And there is a bunch of stuff they should recall but instead they just release bulletins.

Fuck VW.

This one girl wanted to buy a car. She had in her pocket, literally, $20K. (Her father was this big-time businessman or something.) She asked me to help her pick out a car. She liked the idea of a VW - like a Passat or something. We went to the dealer. The salesmen were the biggest, egotistical pricks ever - even worse than normal for car salesmen. We're like, "Uh, we have cash, you want to come down a little on the price? We'll pay today." They were like, "Fuck you, these are VW's - they don't come down in price, suckas!" We told them to fuck off, and I vowed never, ever to look into buying a VW just because of that experience (which, I realize, may not have been representative of VW, but was representative enough for me).

Fuck VW.

One of my ex's had a vw. Damn thing blew the clutch out in 60k or so miles. Had to pull the whole motor out of the car cause the clutch wouldnt come out for some reason. I couldnt believe a car making all of maybe 60fwhp could burn a clutch out so quick.

How do you know it wasn't driver error that burnt the clutch

Guest Removed
My buddy Kenny (you all might have seen him around he has a black VR-4 and he'll just about race anyone.) works for VW. Said they're easily the biggest P.O.S. on the market. And there is a bunch of stuff they should recall but instead they just release bulletins.

Kenny speaks the truth!! No recalls just alot of TSB's! just like Gm did!

Fuck VW.

This one girl wanted to buy a car. She had in her pocket, literally, $20K. (Her father was this big-time businessman or something.) She asked me to help her pick out a car. She liked the idea of a VW - like a Passat or something. We went to the dealer. The salesmen were the biggest, egotistical pricks ever - even worse than normal for car salesmen. We're like, "Uh, we have cash, you want to come down a little on the price? We'll pay today." They were like, "Fuck you, these are VW's - they don't come down in price, suckas!" We told them to fuck off, and I vowed never, ever to look into buying a VW just because of that experience (which, I realize, may not have been representative of VW, but was representative enough for me).

Fuck VW.

Did you go to Byers, becsue my feind had the saem exact problem, except he wanted to buy a WRX, and had the moeny. Their excuse for not coming down off the marked up price, "Uh the wheels were stolen, and we had to pay for that" um..... you have insurance right? I hate that place sooooo much

you own a golf and a miata you HAVE to be a female.
actually i own a golf and 2 miatas oh yea im not a female because i can drive with out hitting shit. thats the best thing about miatas, you have no blindspots with the top down

actually i own a golf and 2 miatas oh yea im not a female because i can drive with out hitting shit. thats the best thing about miatas, you have no blindspots with the top down

yeah but with the top down, you have nothing to keep other people from seeing your gay ass drive a miata!

I almost bought a 2003 1.8t gti new until I test drove it. It was slow, handled worse than a fishing boat, and cost $22k. Now I'm hearing stories of them breaking and the small fortunes spent to fix them.. yeah..

my car is newer, faster, and costs less.

dammit brian!

I think thats your problem. You bought a BEATER, obviously got it cheap and its over 10 years old, its' gonna have problems. I think your being to picky since its not pretty like your miata. Shit, I'll come pick up the car from you if you hate it that much. PM me....

No, VW's are just piles of crap.

I have a 91 Mazda 323, 148k, Absolutly F-in Mint in every way (drive and comforts wise.). Not one issue in the 2+ years I have had it.

One of my ex's had a vw. Damn thing blew the clutch out in 60k or so miles. Had to pull the whole motor out of the car cause the clutch wouldnt come out for some reason. I couldnt believe a car making all of maybe 60fwhp could burn a clutch out so quick.

You were with the same girl long enough for her to put 60k on a car? and possibly multiple times? WOW! This had to be girlfriend number 1 of the 3 or so you had at that time, right? Come on Sam, your pimp player boy status is on the spot here.

;-)

I can't speak for much but my VW has done me well and before ppl ask why I got it is because I got an awesome deal on it as well as I like it for a college car being cheap an easy on gas but imo better than like a honda that I had before and my payment is the same(I leased it for very cheap).

Anyways no probs for me and I have been able to upgrade for pretty cheap so far I am happy with mine

I bought a 2002 GTI 1.8T new - I thought it was pretty cool and was trying to make a more "sensible" purchase than my 3 V8 F-bodies in a row(read get my wife off of my ass for my toys). It was black, had leather, 17" wheels - all the bells and whistles - 13 months later I traded it in and lost 2500 in the process. It was in the shop 4 times in the first year for all kinds of stuff - left me stranded twice. I gladly took the 2500 asswhipping to get out from under it. They are a POS.

I almost bought a 2003 1.8t gti new until I test drove it. It was slow, handled worse than a fishing boat, and cost $22k. Now I'm hearing stories of them breaking and the small fortunes spent to fix them.. yeah..

My friend has an 03 GTI, the transmission is a slop box, the throw is so long and it feels sooooo sloppy when going into gear.It also grinds badly when it goes into second gear at times. At 30,000 miles his air bag light came on and apparently his airbag was bad, and needed replaced. Also, he is sort of forgetful and locks his keys in the car. When he called AAA to get into his car, the car wouldn't unlock when the lock button was hit and it had before. And with the desing of the lock you can't manauly pull it up or slide it, so he had to call a locksmith. Point is VW's are kind of nice, but for the money and the problems they have, are deffiently not worth it. The only VW I like is the R32, they are very nice, but expensive.