Today's project

dustinsn3485

Forum member cattmouch33 decided to do some mods on his bike and brought it to my little shop to do the work.

Himself, xtremef4i, and I spent most of the day hanging out and toying around with this 636... Among the mods were an Evo shift star (hence the clutch being apart), exhaust, PCIII, flush mount turn signals, and just some maintenance stuff.

We didn't get finished. So the finished product will come tomorrow.

109_0529.jpg

109_0530.jpg

109_0531.jpg

109_0532.jpg

109_0535.jpg

109_0537.jpg

109_0538.jpg

109_0539.jpg

109_0540.jpg

109_0541.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason i said water it down is that it cuts down on the stuff that makes it itchy to use, so when or if you need to work on it again or near it you wont itch your skin off.

I said paint it because it looks more uniform and professional and it also cuts down on itchy stuff

Would the paint effect the performance of the wrap at all?

I need to get my speed-o-healer calibrated correctly. (the guy I bought the bike from did it wrong) I didn't know for sure that it was off until a buddy of mine hit me with radar to confirm. I also need to check the balance in my front tire.

Also, if you are pretty good at wrapping pipes, I have some headers for my car that needs to be wrapped. :)

I can definitely do the speedo healer.

I'd have a little more trouble with the balance. I've got a tire r/r machine, however no way to balance yet.

Given enough time, I could probably wrap the headers. But as of yet, I'm not good at it.

Thank you, max power.

Would the paint effect the performance of the wrap at all?

I need to get my speed-o-healer calibrated correctly. (the guy I bought the bike from did it wrong) I didn't know for sure that it was off until a buddy of mine hit me with radar to confirm. I also need to check the balance in my front tire.

Also, if you are pretty good at wrapping pipes, I have some headers for my car that needs to be wrapped. :)

The paint doesnt effect the heat containment at all, just keeps you from itching real bad/

I can wrap your header for your scooby if youd like :)

The paint doesnt effect the heat containment at all, just keeps you from itching real bad/

I can wrap your header for your scooby if youd like :)

Thanks, but you do realize that you live 2 1/2 hours away?

I have a buddy that has a balancer, but we dont know how to set it up for bike tires.

The valve can stay in but you have to know how to weld. As far as the melting part I also heard about that, which is why I got extra heat shielding and the header wrap. I have seen people go both ways on how the exhaust performs and sounds and I love the look. Plus from what I have heard online the exhaust sounds good. Should have it all buttoned back up tonight and will post up the final pics. Then I just have to go get it dyno tuned.