Today's project

dustinsn3485

So we didn't get finished yesterday but were close. I had the flu or somethin and wasn't much help. We didn't get the FI light fix install and started the bike up. It sounds just the way I wanted it too. Should be finished by thursday since I work today and tomorrow 8am-9pm.

All we have left to do is put the tail back on, tighten the chain, and do the jumper mod. Dustin or I will post pics and a video when it's finished.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor is that U.S. emission and noise restrictions resulted in Kawasaki being required to mute the bike to pass. With the "jumper mod" in place, the bike is restored to its full glory, just like the European models. Comparing peak horsepower before and after, the gain is an impressive 6.4 horses.

Matt explained it to me. And that I just pulled off a website. A good explanation though.

Basically you put a wire or even a paper clip in one of the connectors on the bike and you get a free 5-10 horses. The ecu acts like a soft rev limiter around 13,000-15,000 rpm.

This website explains it pretty well

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/165/45/

You can do it on 05 and up 6r models.

Good on you guys for helpin' each other out.....Especially you Dustin!! eusa_clap.gif

Originally Posted by DangBruhY viewpost.gif

So... how much do you know about Yamahas? :wink:

Or Hondas ;)

Man I have been waiting fot this thread but just now found it...it was fun pimping out Matt's bike, I love the feeling of making things custom and changing from stock. Any time spent at Dustin's "shop" is good times..I have fond memories of doing things to my bike too. When you run into a problem, there is normally a resource somewhere to solve it.

Again Fonzie, what might you need? I can figure anything out.

I know I don't like changing spark plugs on the 1100XX, lol.

Amen to that brother...AMEN!!! ;) I've had to do it several times, & what a PITA

Who's XX have you worked on before?

A customer bike when I was wrenching over at HNW. Pretty cool guy and the bike was perfect condition.

Yeah trying to check the torque on the header bolts isn't fun either...

Actually the only thing fun about that bike was the test ride.

Yeah finding the resource to get the clutch hub nut off was fun. Then

putting it back on was even better, it took three people to hold various

tools to keep it from spinning.

Making anything personalized is always, if not during then after when you

have the finished product.

Any pics of the completed 636? I really want to hear that bad lad and hear what he thinks of it.

I completely failed. I was beat today after work...didn't do squat. Matt is working tomorrow and if it's the last thing I do, that bike should be pretty much done tomorrow evening.

Nice little shop you got there! ;)

Thank you.

I have heard of this mod and also heard it is bullshit. I don't know for sure but thats what I have heard. It seems kind of weird you could just install a jumper and gain power.

if you look at the i-hacked link I posted you can see the dyno proving that it does allow the bike to rev freely up to redline. It changes the mapping from the ecu, however a lot of people originally thought it was for the servo valve in the exhaust which really isn't the case.