Today's project

dustinsn3485

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, the stock exhaust was heavy!! but cant say how light the new one is. ill have to listen to it sunday to tell ya what i actually think bout it.

it looks good tho. and looks like you was able to get the tail to fit better.

lol and here you was doubting it!
No never doubted I have just heard a few bad things about the melting issues and what not. I love the looks makes me wish I would have bought a RR so I could get one. Damn f4i and crappy aftermarket.

We went the extra bit to make sure that doesn't happen. The people that that happened to didn't use enough or any heat shield. Hotbodies ceramic coted the pipe after complaints and heat shielded it. Plus we used header wrap on it and extra heat shielding everywhere and use some of he stock exhaust shielding which the old hotbodies directions didn't use. So hopefully no melting but we'll see.

The bike performed so well this past weekend. Everyone said that it looked tight. Now I just need to get my riding skills to the level of everyone else. Half the ride I was scared shitless trying to keep up and trying to trust the bike, but man did it come through when I thought I was a toast.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I need to get a license plate light put in the bike since the past couple of rides I've been out kinda late. In Dayton they don't really care but elsewhere they do. So I might be headed back to Dustin's to finish it up correctly. I'll probably just get some LEDs from advanced and wire them up.

on mine, my tail light is enough to illuminate my plate. I think yours sits further back tho so that might not work on yours

:plus1: I'd wait until someone pulls you over and says something to mess with it. I guess a super dick might give you a ticket, but more than likely they'll just say fix it.