Maybe the fastest STI in columbus area...

chrismindless

Im reposting this from http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924114 :::::::::::::::::::::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What can I say, the dyno speaks for itself: 678 whp and 634 ft/lbs of torque all turbo using VP C16 fuel.

http://www.elementtuning.com/images/Dyno%20Plots/ElementHydraGT35R106678hpC16.jpg

The dyno is a Dynapack 3500 owned by Slow Motion in Ohio.

This STI had once before been tuned by me to just under 600 whp and ran a quarter mile time of 11.0 @ 135.5 mph without N20. I feel the Dynajet I normally use reads on the low side or the car simply picked up a little more power in the real world. Fast forward a few months and some new modifications were performed. The heads and block were decked to get a better seal on the head gasket. I requested that the thinnest head gasket be used so we could benefit from the slight increase in compression ratio. An unequal length header was also installed, along with a fresh GT35R 1.06 turbocharger. The engine is an Axis Power Racing engine but still uses the stock block and the heads are ported with larger valves and 272 cams.

Here’s a quick list of mods:

Axis Power Racing STI engine (rods, pistons, stock block)

Axis Power Racing STI heads (bigger valves, porting, springs, 272 cams, no AVCS)

Element STI Hydra EMS (custom tuned by Element)

1000cc injectors

Aeromotive Fuel pump

Unequal length header

GT35R 1.06 AR

Here’s the interesting part, with those modifications, 2 psi more boost (29.2 vs 27 absolute), and more tuning, we hit about 648 whp. So where did the extra power come from? Removing the intake completely and bypassing the power steering pump netted 30 whp more at this power level. Unfortunately we did not test these two items separately but I suspect the majority of the gain was from the removal of the air filter.

Tuning was what I consider moderately aggressive but at this power level we didn’t want to push beyond this point. The AFR was 12:1, boost was 29.2 psi (absolute), and ignition timing peaked at 26 degrees. The 1000cc injectors hit a peak of 98% duty cycle.

Sorry guys but at this point this car will never see the drag strip as it is and has been for sale. Alex wanted me to retune the car so the new and lucky owner wouldn’t have to. Here is a link to the car's for sale page which also lists all modifications: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=914934

Let the flaming commence

Thanks,

Phil

Element Tuning

(240)246.0302

http://www.elementtuning.com

Nice edit Tilley, How's the beast at IPS comming along since I am editing I thought I'd ask...

Progress is coming along great. I stopped by there earlier today, and things are shaping up nicely. Short block - all 400 plus ci - should be completely done by the end of January. There's a nice set of AFR heads waiting on the shelf for the short block to be finished, and then there was talk about these two hairdryer-like things being in route. The initials "GT," the number 35, and the consonant sound of "RRRRRRRR!" kept being used in reference to the hairdryer things. Whatever that means. ;)

Progress is coming along great. I stopped by there earlier today, and things are shaping up nicely. Short block - all 400 plus ci - should be completely done by the end of January. There's a nice set of AFR heads waiting on the shelf for the short block to be finished, and then there was talk about these two hairdryer-like things being in route. The initials "GT," the number 35, and the consonant sound of "RRRRRRRR!" kept being used in reference to the hairdryer things. Whatever that means. ;)

LIKE WHOAAAAAAA:cool:

No offense, but I see so many people toss a SHIT TON of money into a car, finally get it finished and where they really want it, then sell it without ever enjoying the fruits of their labor and/or money spent. I understand things come up, or people go over budget and now can't pay bills because of it, but I'd like to think that's not always the case. I guess that's my "flaming" if you want to call it that, though I'm making a more general comment than anything directly about this situation.

No offense, but I see so many people toss a SHIT TON of money into a car, finally get it finished and where they really want it, then sell it without ever enjoying the fruits of their labor and/or money spent. I understand things come up, or people go over budget and now can't pay bills because of it, but I'd like to think that's not always the case. I guess that's my "flaming" if you want to call it that, though I'm making a more general comment than anything directly about this situation.

I agree that is stupid and a waste of money building something like that just to turn around and sell it, but you've gotta respect the power that car makes.

He is selling the car to put a downpayment on a freakin house. You all act like he is selling it because he is broke. If you all knew what this guy went through in doing his STI you would understand. No need to slam a great guy that has his priorties straight. That is all.

well he also got married in the middle of the build so his prioities have shifted. He said he will keep it if he does not get what he wants out of it. So it is not a need to sell it is a want to sell situation.

Well, if it is a necessity in order to buy the house,then do it. If you just want to sell the thing to sell it, then just think about all of the work that you did (assuming that you did all of the work) in order to get that thing where it is today. Not to mention it is probably famous throughout the nation, considering the numbers. That in itself will make it easy for you to sell.