Corss your fingers about cameras at intersections ...

chrismindless

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1142415201292330.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

from this article, looks like the law is being used for some good for once ...

-crosses fingers-

the whole camera idea sucks ... just put the frakking chip in my arm and get it over with ...

I like this quote:

"They assume, I guess, that we can photograph into the car and that we have a database of every licensed driver in the state - if the driver is from the state," said Cleveland City Councilman Jay Westbrook, reached at his office. "It just doesn't seem feasible."

No, they aren't assuming shit. They want you to PROVE the motorist guilty, instead of making the motorist prove their innocence. It's 'the way our system is supposed to work' you fucking toolbag.

Revenue generator. End of story.

it's a revenue generator... just like speed traps... I understand the need to keep people's speed down, but there comes a point where it's rediculous... I like the quote where they said that lawmakes should pay this much attention to school funding.

hey, caxide. add the words "rediculous" and "ridiculous" to your sig.

"rediculous - that was diculous before, now its re-diculous."

"ridiculous - the way some people spell these words is ridiculous."

<grin>

back on topic. without reading that article, have they addressed the "i wasnt driving my car when that happened" issue? i always thought that you have to somehow prove that i was driving my car in order to ticket me. if my homie gets pulled over for speeding in my car, i dont get the ticket, he does. same kinda thing, right?

Am I the only one who doesn't care if they install these cameras? I don't run red lights nor do I "speed". 9-10 over is my limit and most cops won't pull you over for anything less than 15 over. I honestly don't give a fuck if they install these cameras... :gives:

Am I the only one who doesn't care if they install these cameras? I don't run red lights nor do I "speed". 9-10 over is my limit and most cops won't pull you over for anything less than 15 over. I honestly don't give a fuck if they install these cameras... :gives:

Don't know where you live but anything over 5mph and they'll hang paper on your ass. And um 9-10 mph is considered speeding.

hey, caxide. add the words "rediculous" and "ridiculous" to your sig.

"rediculous - that was diculous before, now its re-diculous."

"ridiculous - the way some people spell these words is ridiculous."

<grin>

back on topic. without reading that article, have they addressed the "i wasnt driving my car when that happened" issue? i always thought that you have to somehow prove that i was driving my car in order to ticket me. if my homie gets pulled over for speeding in my car, i dont get the ticket, he does. same kinda thing, right?

done and done.

The burden is on the state in all cases. If they wanna add points onto my license, they better damn well prove that I was driving the car instead of being in class or something.

it's a revenue generator... just like speed traps... I understand the need to keep people's speed down, but there comes a point where it's rediculous... I like the quote where they said that lawmakes should pay this much attention to school funding.

I need to find all of your posts regarding the spelling and grammar of the CA kids......

if you dont care about cameras, then you should oppose them because they cost you money in the long run ... its not about NOT CARING, its about getting ridiculous with cheap enforcement and money income , and once you are a victim of a BS charge via these cameras, than i PROMISE you are gonna care.

Again, it has nothing to do with "I dont do anything wrong" ... so since you dont do anything wrong, you mind me putting a camera in your bedroom to make sure you arent raping your wife or your daughter ... no no , of course you arent doing anything wrong, but we just want to make sure that if you DO do something wrong, we can catch you and arrest you.

Thats ok with you, right?

Don't know where you live but anything over 5mph and they'll hang paper on your ass. And um 9-10 mph is considered speeding.

Sucks for you and where you live. I know a lot of cops. Cops even on this site will tell you that most of them won't pull anyone over for less than 15 over. Now, in certain areas (residential 25 MPH areas, tiny BFE towns with 30 MPH streets, and obviously school zones), it's obvious that you'd better be going much slower than 15 over. But I've NEVER been pulled over for my usual 9-10 over... :nod:

Again, it has nothing to do with "I dont do anything wrong" ... so since you dont do anything wrong, you mind me putting a camera in your bedroom to make sure you arent raping your wife or your daughter ... no no , of course you arent doing anything wrong, but we just want to make sure that if you DO do something wrong, we can catch you and arrest you.

Thats ok with you, right?

I'll give you a chance to revise that silly logic before I have to rip you on it. Take your time and write carefully... ;)

The problem is some states use them to ticket drivers who go through yellow lights as well. I don't run red-lights either, but I do get caught going through the occasional yellow.

How long do you think before Ohio will try to do the same?

The law says, YOU are responsible for YOUR car regardless of who's driving it! Unless you can prove you weren't driving it which would be very difficult and likely wouldn't fly in court anyway.

The law says, YOU are responsible for YOUR car regardless of who's driving it! Unless you can prove you weren't driving it which would be very difficult and likely wouldn't fly in court anyway.

And yet we live in a society whereby the court system is 'innocent until proven guilty'.

The problem is some states use them to ticket drivers who go through yellow lights as well. I don't run red-lights either, but I do get caught going through the occasional yellow.

How long do you think before Ohio will try to do the same?

Not to mention the fact that if you are forced to run a red and have no way out, say like sliding in the middle of winter, you will get a ticket.

Not to mention the fact that if you are forced to run a red and have no way out, say like sliding in the middle of winter, you will get a ticket.

I gaurantee you that you will be told...You should have been prepared for it, kinda like with ACDA, no reason for it.

I think the cameras are a good idea in really bad intersections where people run the red lights a lot and cause accidents. Other than that I think it is retarded

I see no problems with cameras. If your dumb enough to run a red light and risk an accident, you deserve a ticket.

Now on the other hand... if I get one on my bike because the damn intersection doesnt turn when Im sitting on the line.. Im going to be pissed. Sometimes after sitting for a few minutes Ill run those when they dont change, if theres no traffic of course.

I see no problems with cameras. If your dumb enough to run a red light and risk an accident, you deserve a ticket.

Now on the other hand... if I get one on my bike because the damn intersection doesnt turn when Im sitting on the line.. Im going to be pissed. Sometimes after sitting for a few minutes Ill run those when they dont change, if theres no traffic of course.

You can always jump off of your bike and press the crossing button.

I've been known to do that. If the light won't turn, I just make a right turn and come back the other way. Too risky running it.

You need a "Green light trigger". I've had one on every bike I've owned since I learned about it, and while they're not 100%, they do work most of the time.

You need a "Green light trigger". I've had one on every bike I've owned since I learned about it, and while they're not 100%, they do work most of the time.

Sad to say, having a Buell is an advantage here. With my big metal muffler on the bottom of the bike, just hover it over the detector and usually the light will change. Other than that, Buells are worthless.