Help!! Bike Stolen!!

wolfman

Thanks for all the help people...it means a lot that you are spending your own time keeping an eye out for my bike.

At this point, I'm guessing the bike is in pieces and being sold...now I'm just hoping I have a chance at catching the thieves. Does anybody know if the dealers can look up the engine I.D. number if I provide the VIN? I'd like to start checking some of these motors I see on eBay.

I don't know about honda, but here at BMW Motorrad I cannot look up engine serial numbers at all.. The only way to get that is if it's on the origanal sellers invoice, but not likely... Call Honda Customer Relations and report it stolen so that the VIN will be flagged, at least on the manufacturer end..

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about honda, but here at BMW Motorrad I cannot look up engine serial numbers at all.. The only way to get that is if it's on the origanal sellers invoice, but not likely... Call Honda Customer Relations and report it stolen so that the VIN will be flagged, at least on the manyfacturer end..

Well hopefully Zerocrash can help me out... :slap: for not writing it down when I bought it. I definitely will have some sort of GPS tracking/Lo Jack on the next bike and make sure to write down all serial numbers and maybe mark key parts so I will recognize them.

He already has a kawi, but I would say he wants another rr

Yup, I've been riding the g/f's EX500 and I actually have a KZ400 in pieces at my parents house. I'm probably going to be in the market for another 07/08 600rr.

Claim has been filed. Now I'm just waiting to hear from the adjuster...hopefully they don't try to completely low ball me since mine had a salvage/rebuilt title.

Yup, I've been riding the g/f's EX500 and I actually have a KZ400 in pieces at my parents house. I'm probably going to be in the market for another 07/08 600rr.

Claim has been filed. Now I'm just waiting to hear from the adjuster...hopefully they don't try to completely low ball me since mine had a salvage/rebuilt title.

a salvage/rebuilt title doesn't matter when they are looking up value of the motorcycle (nada or kbb). your bike will pull same value as "clear" title since it was inspected before you could get it back to street legal. don't let them try to fuck you on that issue

I don't know about honda, but here at BMW Motorrad I cannot look up engine serial numbers at all.. The only way to get that is if it's on the origanal sellers invoice, but not likely... Call Honda Customer Relations and report it stolen so that the VIN will be flagged, at least on the manufacturer end..

If it was originally recorded, I can through Honda's Interactive Network

a salvage/rebuilt title doesn't matter when they are looking up value of the motorcycle (nada or kbb). your bike will pull same value as "clear" title since it was inspected before you could get it back to street legal. don't let them try to fuck you on that issue

Thanks for that tidbit. I've saved all my receipts anyways...so hopefully there won't be any issues.

If it was originally recorded, I can through Honda's Interactive Network

Zerocrash, what do you do at Honda? We should get together and share trade secrets! haha.. I have the info and testing results of the BMW 1000RR!

It is always a bad a idea to park your bike outside overnight. When I travel I will try to get an outside ground floor room and pull it into the room or I carry a kryptonite cable that I have an alarm wired thru.

Olentangy commons is not in that great of a neighborhood. Of course any apartment complex is not safe to anything outside.

I am gonna bet the bike is now a tore up stunter by now.