Thursday Nights in Dayton

jarvismb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was planning on fiber glass hood and front fenders. Maybe I could fix the floor with fiberglass too. Plus more stuff in the engine bay has to be removed for the swap. The battery is already in the trunk. If only I could have someone make carbon fiber doors and hatch lid for me.

I have done a lot of fiberglassing and filler if you need help. but my glass laying skillz get a little wavy over huge holes. that where the filler comes in handy. oh and I hate sanding too but it sounds like fun! lets resurect that beast. Dustin already volunteered his shop but dont tell him I told you haha

damn brad!! only 14k miles!! what year is it??

matt.. get rid of it. that csrt4 will treat you well, besides.. might need a family car here soon.haha.. and its fast.

idk why people dont like gettin rid of their firsts. lol i could care less bout my first car. nothing special of a 96 cavy 4dr.

even my first bike. have no prob gettin rid of it.

i guess its cuz im a girl and i like new things and better things? :dunno: lol

damn brad!! Only 14k miles!! What year is it??

Matt.. Get rid of it. That csrt4 will treat you well, besides.. Might need a family car here soon.haha.. And its fast.

Idk why people dont like gettin rid of their firsts. Lol i could care less bout my first car. Nothing special of a 96 cavy 4dr.

Even my first bike. Have no prob gettin rid of it.

I guess its cuz im a girl and i like new things and better things? :dunno: Lol

We have a problem with getting rid of it cuz it is our first. I put a lot work of work into the car, learning how my car works. Many nights with bloody knuckles and lots of cursing but it's a great little car. Many years of researching for upgrades. It has a lot of other first in it or on it too. How many people do you know that have any car for 8 years let alone their first car.

Yeah the main reason for getting rid of it would be the potential of a family in the next couple of years. The ricer isn't exactly baby friendly.

We have a problem with getting rid of it cuz it is our first. I put a lot work of work into the car, learning how my car works. Many nights with bloody knuckles and lots of cursing but it's a great little car. Many years of researching for upgrades. It has a lot of other first in it or on it too. How many people do you know that have any car for 8 years let alone their first car.

Yeah the main reason for getting rid of it would be the potential of a family in the next couple of years. The ricer isn't exactly baby friendly.

On the bright side, you wouldn't be able to hear the baby crying... :)

:lol:

I agree with Matt. In my case, I bought my truck brand new from the dealer, paid it off and thru the years, I have customized it to make it mine with things like performance parts or accessories. Dustin can relate here with his bike as well as myself. we spend so much time making our toys into something personalized, and spend a lot of time and money tio make them ours. so they are sentimental. If my bike and truck were both bone stock and I never did a thing to them other than oil changes and put gas in it they both would have been sold a long time ago.

Yeah but I don't want to give my future kid Dain Bramage. No seat belts in the back and everyone that rides with me tells me their ears ring after getting out. Not good for babies.

Same as Brad if I hadn't put so much into it would've been gone a long time ago. However for a 19 year old car still getting 35+ mpg it's kinda hard to get rid of.

I've been waiting silently in the wings for the right time to jump out and post a gem like that. Totally worth it....

(I've been getting killed at work, and my quarter is almost over at school so all my projects are coming due & finals & such)

haha jarvis, you make me lol.. its awesome!

he's tryin to get back at everyone for making fun of him all the time. :lol:

idk how many times ive tho about turning my old truck, or new car into a show car.. but then i come to realize its too much money and it would take years.. i dont have the patience. lol ive customized my car, and plan to do my next bike, but thats it. nothing crazy.