I guess the buell is gone..

Balian

Well the insurance company has asked me for the keys and any documents that show the mileage on it. I guess they are going to get rid of it for me.

Nice.

Now I just have to get rid of all of my extra parts..lol

BMW K 1200 S SHAKES BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS SETTING WORLD LAND SPEED RECORD

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - November 8, 2005... A 2006 production model BMW K1200S has set a world land speed record in the 1000 - 1350 cc stock, partially streamlined, naturally aspirated motorcycle class at Utah's famed Bonneville Salt Flats.

The motorcycle, piloted by 56-year-old Andy Sills, of San Francisco, CA, reached an average speed of 173.57 mph and top speed of 176.789 mph after two runs on the vast, white plains, where hundreds of land speed records have been set and broken since the early 1900s in a variety of automobile and motorcycle classes.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - November 8, 2005... A 2006 production model BMW K1200S has set a world land speed record in the 1000 - 1350 cc stock, partially streamlined, naturally aspirated motorcycle class at Utah's famed Bonneville Salt Flats.

The motorcycle, piloted by 56-year-old Andy Sills, of San Francisco, CA, reached an average speed of 173.57 mph and top speed of 176.789 mph after two runs on the vast, white plains, where hundreds of land speed records have been set and broken since the early 1900s in a variety of automobile and motorcycle classes.

so when is it gonna race sam? or linn

You know there was a big discussion about that record right?

It boils down to BMW paying enough money for a class to be created for it to run. Since no one knew about it until after they ran and published it everywhere, it stood for a couple months.

What it boils down to is a BUSA now holds the record at 198mph and that will soon be old news also.... :cool:

What it boils down to is a BUSA now holds the record at 198mph and that will soon be old news also.... :cool:

I heard that the government pretty much has told the motorcycle manufactures that the 200 +/- is enough and they were going to ban the import of continually bigger faster bikes becasue of the number of people wrecking them running a buck fifty plus.

I also heard from a different source, years ago that when Kaw was building the H-1 and H-2 3 cylinder 2 stoke bikes that were 500 and 750 CC's (heard claims they would toast a KZ1300 of the same era in hte 1/8 and were dead even in the 1/4) were banned from import by the US government.

I can't verify either of these claims to be true, but if they are, we are seeing the fastest production bikes that are going to be produced and sold in the US.

I realize that there will be faster bikes, there are faster bikes than the stock Busa's now, but they are not stock production.

I don't doubt that we will see speed limiters on bike's, much like the ones in most cars before long. They will claim it's a tire safety thing like the SUV manufactures do. (Nothing like hitting 110 at a hard pull and having the fuel get cut)

I heard that the government pretty much has told the motorcycle manufactures that the 200 +/- is enough and they were going to ban the import of continually bigger faster bikes becasue of the number of people wrecking them running a buck fifty plus.

I also heard from a different source, years ago that when Kaw was building the H-1 and H-2 3 cylinder 2 stoke bikes that were 500 and 750 CC's (heard claims they would toast a KZ1300 of the same era in hte 1/8 and were dead even in the 1/4) were banned from import by the US government.

I can't verify either of these claims to be true, but if they are, we are seeing the fastest production bikes that are going to be produced and sold in the US.

I realize that there will be faster bikes, there are faster bikes than the stock Busa's now, but they are not stock production.

I don't doubt that we will see speed limiters on bike's, much like the ones in most cars before long. They will claim it's a tire safety thing like the SUV manufactures do. (Nothing like hitting 110 at a hard pull and having the fuel get cut)

What are you talking about - the ZX-12/14 and Hayabusa's are already speed limited.

Nothing that the aftermarket hasn't taken care of though.

Kawasaki and Suzuki both recognized that if nothing was done, the US Government would step in and make up some arbitrary rule, basically fucking up the situation. They took steps to placate our 'wonderful' lawmakers (who don't have a clue about life on 2 wheels).