The new Cobras for 20K over sticker?!?!

l36tols1

Now why in the world would you want to pay that much for a Mustang.. if someone were to choose that over the new Z06 or Viper would be stupid no offense to all the Mustang folk and also could'nt you damn near buy a AMG version Benz for 100K?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/05/17/shelby_over_sticker/index.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm..that's not just a plain 'cobra' it's a re-make of the old GT500, probably limited production and a collector...i think it's rather pricey for a Mustang, but i understand the mark-up.

No offense to the "moostang guys", but you'd have to really really want a Cobra baaaad to pay that much over!!! I wouldn't pay $20k over for the Z06 let alone this Cobra -

No offense, Tom, but your car doesnt have Carroll Shelby's name on it;)

The guy is a legend. He's back with Ford, and let's face it, he's not getting any younger. Anything with his name on it brings the cash. Just look at what the old stuff is bringing.

We have our Shelby ordered and sold already. It brought well over MSRP.

Later,

Jason

No offense, Tom, but your car doesnt have Carroll Shelby's name on it;)

The guy is a legend. He's back with Ford, and let's face it, he's not getting any younger.

as evident by his lack of any involvement with anything other then photo ops and decal design. Carol Shelby was a great man, but his time has come and gone, he's a marketing agent for what would otherwise be lack luster vehicles. I'd rather have a GLHS or Shelby Dakota, at least they were something special, not just a styling pack and a navigator long block, followed up by 03 cobra w/ exhaust and pulley HP figures. It wont be a $99,000 car for another 30-40 years, especialy if they make 8000. Hell, my car was rediculously expensive, increadibly unique, and we only got 1000 a year for two year......20 years later and its only worth 1/10 is sticker price ($80k+ adjusted for inflation).

Eric you and Jason are both rite But in the long run it will not matter I bet this will be the last Shebly car made that alone will rocket resale value in the long run. $600,000 worth doubtfull but then again a mill for a cuda sounded like a fairy tall a couple years ago so who knows.

Eric you and Jason are both rite But in the long run it will not matter I bet this will be the last Shebly car made that alone will rocket resale value in the long run. $600,000 worth doubtfull but then again a mill for a cuda sounded like a fairy tall a couple years ago so who knows.

I'll agree with you since your working on my car tomorrow..lol yeah the price for Cudas are crazy, sweet cars though.. I'd still prefer to have a Grand National..

as evident by his lack of any involvement with anything other then photo ops and decal design. Carol Shelby was a great man, but his time has come and gone, he's a marketing agent for what would otherwise be lack luster vehicles. I'd rather have a GLHS or Shelby Dakota, at least they were something special, not just a styling pack and a navigator long block, followed up by 03 cobra w/ exhaust and pulley HP figures. It wont be a $99,000 car for another 30-40 years, especialy if they make 8000. Hell, my car was rediculously expensive, increadibly unique, and we only got 1000 a year for two year......20 years later and its only worth 1/10 is sticker price ($80k+ adjusted for inflation).

I respect your opinion. I happen to disagree. I'm not sure why this car is perceived like a total piece of crap in the majority of posts in this thread. If you would rather have another car, go get one.

Do not hate on the guy who spends what he wants on the car HE wants. By hate, I mean tell him he could have bought something else. You know what? If he can afford 70-80k on a Shelby, he probably has 2 of what you told him to by instead ALREADY sitting in his garage.

I'm excited as hell about this car. Not because I can sell them, we only get one, but because of what it is. A 500/480 car right out of the box. All you guys know what the 03-04s were rated at and what they can potentially acheive. This one just got the bar raised that much more.

We all have our likes and dislikes. I look at someone paying 20k over sticker and thank God I live in America. Thank God I live in a country where I have the opportunity to spend stupid money on a car just because I can!

I look at someone paying 20k over sticker and thank God I live in America. Thank God I live in a country where I have the opportunity to spend stupid money on a car just because I can!

Seriously dude save if for your campaign, this is just a car forum.

:D

They liked the regular GT.

I can tell you how Top Gear will rate it. They'll all dog its technology. Then they'll drive it and be pleasantly suprised. Jeremy will berate it's cheap American-ness and tell a short joke about his cohost. Then he'll try to put it on the "cool board", and the crowd will moan - American cars do not go on the "cool board".

There, I saved you having to watch the show.

EDIT: Someday, Top Gear will learn about the wonderful thing called "torque". ...although I think the short guy might be starting to get it.

I can tell you how Top Gear will rate it. They'll all dog its technology. Then they'll drive it and be pleasantly suprised. Jeremy will berate it's cheap American-ness and tell a short joke about his cohost. Then he'll try to put it on the "cool board", and the crowd will moan - American cars do not go on the "cool board".

EDIT: Someday, Top Gear will learn about the wonderful thing called "torque". ...although I think the short guy might be starting to get it.

the young guy seems to get it

Haha, excellent synopsis of the show. Yes, it seems they are starting to come around to some American cars.