• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
Then quit calling out freeway cars ;)

I asked if you wanted to race , I havent called no one out yet :p

Thats why i started this thread, too see what cars here dig race! :burn:

Rob for your info, there really isnt a big market for stuff to make vettes more dig cars, yes there are the tranmission upgrades along with the rear end upgrades but you can get that for any car. The only thing they make is adjustable shocks and a tranny girdle but that only helps to keep things from twisting. So this is why vettes are hard cars to launch. Alot of people think that since alot of vettes dont cut sub 1.7 60' it is driver error when really they never tried to launch these cars. There is no ass end weight at all in these cars nor do they like to squat like a typical fbody/mustang. So when it comes to dig races we have our hands just as full as you would if you were to roll race..

Rob for your info, there really isnt a big market for stuff to make vettes more dig cars, yes there are the tranmission upgrades along with the rear end upgrades but you can get that for any car. The only thing they make is adjustable shocks and a tranny girdle but that only helps to keep things from twisting. So this is why vettes are hard cars to launch. Alot of people think that since alot of vettes dont cut sub 1.7 60' it is driver error when really they never tried to launch these cars. There is no ass end weight at all in these cars nor do they like to squat like a typical fbody/mustang. So when it comes to dig races we have our hands just as full as you would if you were to roll race..

Couldn't have said it better myself. The design just doesn't lend itself to hard launching. Beefed up parts or not.

I'l take a taste of some digg loss :) but its not worth your gas so ehhhh .

BTW christian your supra is it dark red? ifso i passed you in the 270 corner one day was trying to get you to play when it straightened out. I was in the Monte Carlo with the odd noise.

Nope, wasn't me. If it had, we'd had gone. :D I have a charcoal grey one. I did race a red one a couple weeks ago that showed up at the Thrift Store. 45-120 and 50-120mph. Had a couple busses on him by then. He was nearly stock, though. Only legitimate race I've had since moving here a few months ago.

i'd like to chime in with something, If I may: Dig races jsut aren't smart.

Thinka bout it, what is being done is illegal, and cops are looking for it. Setting up a dig race is difficult because you have to:

A: Find a sutible stip, one thats safe, smooth, and out of sight. Almost impossible.

B: you have to stop in one place, make a bunch of noise over a short period of time.

C: You have to hook, almost impossible on the street, if you're car is worth a damn.

Roll racing eliminates:

A: the sitting duck factor

B: the hunt for good strips

C: the traction problems.

It doesn't matter how your car is set up, its just smarter to race from a roll.

Guest Removed

3 and 2 speed trans , high rear gears ratios, and high stall converters beg too differ with that!

Its by no means smarter or safer! , thats funny you say its harder too get a dig race off... last weekend on saturday night, i watched about 7 or 8 races..

most of which where in the same spot... maybe yous guys need too learn how too race, and talk less shit while tryying too get a race off!

Hmmm, just a thought, but how about you going from a dig as one of the roll racers go past at say 20 MPH, and go for a measured 1/4. I realize that it would seem to put them at an advantage, but with the low roll speed and measured distance, they are goig to be fighting their car alot more than you will Rob. I agree that I would rather dig race as well, but there just aren't many car's that will dig race on the street.

Guest Removed
Hmmm, just a thought, but how about you going from a dig as one of the roll racers go past at say 20 MPH, and go for a measured 1/4. I realize that it would seem to put them at an advantage, but with the low roll speed and measured distance, they are goig to be fighting their car alot more than you will Rob. I agree that I would rather dig race as well, but there just aren't many car's that will dig race on the street.

bull shit , there are lots of cars that dig race, on the street!

and ive tryyed too get them too go 20 roll and 10 rolls.

i'd like to chime in with something, If I may: Dig races jsut aren't smart.

Thinka bout it, what is being done is illegal, and cops are looking for it. Setting up a dig race is difficult because you have to:

A: Find a sutible stip, one thats safe, smooth, and out of sight. Almost impossible.

B: you have to stop in one place, make a bunch of noise over a short period of time.

C: You have to hook, almost impossible on the street, if you're car is worth a damn.

Roll racing eliminates:

A: the sitting duck factor

B: the hunt for good strips

C: the traction problems.

I disagree eric

dig

A. right there are 3 or 4 spots within a mile or 2 of my house

B. If you go in low numbers it doesn't draw as much attenion

C. VHT its not prefect but will help

A you have just as much of a chance of seeing a cop on the highway.

B. ok you got me here there is shit tons of open freeway but (see A)

C. for some of these guys traction at 40 hell 60 is still a issue.

both have there up sides and downs. As for which is safer I say neither both have there no risks. WHen saying whats better roll or dig its truely going to be a personal perf. the vette guys will almost always do better in a roll.

Roll race cars IMO are going to be more streetable and able to cruise on the freeways. They may be a high HP car but when on the freeway normal driveing will not stress the car as much.

Dig cars while still being streetable is going to have a lot issues trying to drive on the freeway 5500rpm @55mph is not fun and puts a lot of stress and heat on parts.

Both are fun to do but I guess it boils down to towhatever you like and know one way is right or wrong.

Guest Removed
I disagree eric

dig

A. right there are 3 or 4 spots within a mile or 2 of my house

B. If you go in low numbers it doesn't draw as much attenion

C. VHT its not prefect but will help

A you have just as much of a chance of seeing a cop on the highway.

B. ok you got me here there is shit tons of open freeway but (see A)

C. for some of these guys traction at 40 hell 60 is still a issue.

both have there up sides and downs. As for which is safer I say neither both have there no risks. WHen saying whats better roll or dig its truely going to be a personal perf. the vette guys will almost always do better in a roll.

Roll race cars IMO are going to be more streetable and able to cruise on the freeways. They may be a high HP car but when on the freeway normal driveing will not stress the car as much.

Dig cars while still being streetable is going to have a lot issues trying to drive on the freeway 5500rpm @55mph is not fun and puts a lot of stress and heat on parts.

Both are fun to do but I guess it boils down to towhatever you like and know one way is right or wrong.

could not have said it better!

and there are lots of places too dig in this town and around this town!

Cars are just setup different, can't ask a NASCAR setup to go after a top fuel. We've all got our differences in opinion. I've always thought the best thing to do, since it's generalyl for fun anyway is to go out and just have fun, dig race some, roll race some. The monte was shit for roll races but I still did 'em just because they'd humor me and give me a dig run.

And on the Vette's I've not looked into as much as I should between the C5 and the C6's but wasn't there a post not to long ago of a C6 Z06 doing high 11's with just changed out tires? ANY care can be made to do dig runs, it just depends on if you want it to or not. I've seen a 1996 Monte Carlo run 8.40s at NTR. Sure he couldn't pick up the girls in it anymore, but you weren't beating him to the end of the 1/4.

Same could be said I think if you wanted to run a car for high speeds (a.k.a roll races). A lot of it's driver, but like Sam and Austin said, a lot of it is the car too. Got to find where your happy medium is. If the car isn't setup to dig and you keep asking them to dig race it just gets annoying, and vice versa.

You run into the "Dig race me and I'll win." oh yeah? "Well roll race me and I'll win."

It would be nice to see some more people take Rob up on his offers, but the majority of the actual racers here, would rather do it from 40 or 60. Which is half way to max for him probably with the tranny, rear, and torque. On the flip side, it'd be neat I think to see more people take Sam and Linn up, instead of just ... Sam and Linn.

On that note, I'm going to be out with the camera tonight. :) Maybe we'll get to see what the Mustang really does.

EDIT : Spelling and grammar own me.

It would be nice to see some more people take Rob up on his offers, but the majority of the actual racers here, would rather do it from 40 or 60. Which is half way to max for him probably with the tranny, rear, and torque. On the flip side, it'd be neat I think to see more people take Sam and Linn up, instead of just ... Sam and Linn.

Rob I said I would race you n/a vs n/a when the cars gets back together. I said prolly a week or so.

Has this post been read over or something or what..... I will dig or roll...

the way i see it someone is either a Drag Racer and thats it. they set up and run 1/4 mile only. then there are dig racers who like to run higher mph. the only problem i see here is i would rather be in a 8 sec ride doing 160 than a car that takes 10 sec from 60 to get to 160. really no thrill there. now dont get me wrong its ok to go that fast but i will never agree with it done on the street. go to the salt flats and run flat out. that would be cool. and id deffinatly like to see that. a roll racer using his car as it was intended. top speed. and us drag racers will stick to dominating 1/4 miles everywhere.

the way i see it someone is either a Drag Racer and thats it.

So I race but not from a dig, therefore I am not a drag racer... I'll give you that but drag racing makes up only a fraction of automobile racing. Some people have broader horizons