New and rocking one fine ride...

Turbs3000

Hey my names Matt from Dublin I've been connected to the site but am now becoming more active. last year I bought a 3000gt (the car I had been looking for for over a year) I got one of the greatest deals you could get on a car thats why its not a vr-4 as i wish it was... it is a 5 speed which was why I couldn't turn it down. I've been doing alot of custom work to it myself and am very proud. I'll get pictures up within the week of it and the insane system I am in the middle of hooking up!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard those are fast. Car audio rox. What kind of system is it? How insane are going? How many subs are you running? What kind of power are you looking at? How many amps will it take to push that big of an insane system? How much wieght will it add to the car? what kind of cable did you use? Do you have preferance on make of fuse? Where did you buy your components from? What head unit are you using? What kind of music do you listen to? Country rox. What color is your car? Is your car dropped? That would look sick. Welcome

it might... remeber theres no room in that trunk so I dont get to do what I want and roll 2 w7's plus i got a sick deal on 3 w3's system as it sits right now... 3 way alpine type S which hit notes perfectly but dont push the bass like I wish they did... so I built a fiberglass box to fit the trunk and carpeted it to match. I've got 3 10 inch w3's and 3 5200 pioneer amps to push 380watts to each sub rms. I'm trying to find wiring now.. becasue each one is being wired seprately its a shit load of wiring and that stuff gets expensive for a high school student. I bought the amps off a site digitalfoto.com they blow everyone away price wise so I couldnt turn them down and I bought the subs off a guy.

I would LOVE to boost the HP but concidering I paid for this car myself along with all insurance and all work. along with the fact that it has 170000 miles on it... it still runs strong but abusing the engine now doesn't make sense. If it makes it through winter(when it will be locked in my garage) It's getting a free paintjob from a friends dad who used to rebuild old cars for a living and when we do that its getting a full engine swap with a dohc 3000gt engine with less miles then getting single turbo-ed when we are done it will be close to 400HP which isn't to impressive but comfortible and should be a blast to drive. thanks for all the questions if you got them keep them coming.

I've heard those are fast. Car audio rox. What kind of system is it? How insane are going? How many subs are you running? What kind of power are you looking at? How many amps will it take to push that big of an insane system? How much wieght will it add to the car? what kind of cable did you use? Do you have preferance on make of fuse? Where did you buy your components from? What head unit are you using? What kind of music do you listen to? Country rox. What color is your car? Is your car dropped? That would look sick. Welcome

I dont think the noob is aware he was making fun of him.

lol its all good I'm glad I got all that shit outta the way. though thanks i guess I didn't realize this was speed only. I'm good with electronics and interiors and such I guess thats why I stick to that trust me I prefer the speed but with 170000 until I get my engine swap its gatta stay at the 230hp its at now...

if you want a site that is all about stereos and neons look to columbusstreetracing.com. if you talk about racing on that site you will get banned. i was banned in less than 2 hours (i guess it was a record).

Now when you are ready to make that 3000 fast get in touch with http://www.ipsmotorsports.net and they will help you out with whatever you need.

I would LOVE to boost the HP but concidering I paid for this car myself along with all insurance and all work. along with the fact that it has 170000 miles on it... it still runs strong but abusing the engine now doesn't make sense. If it makes it through winter(when it will be locked in my garage) It's getting a free paintjob from a friends dad who used to rebuild old cars for a living and when we do that its getting a full engine swap with a dohc 3000gt engine with less miles then getting single turbo-ed when we are done it will be close to 400HP which isn't to impressive but comfortible and should be a blast to drive. thanks for all the questions if you got them keep them coming.

typical high school statement.....he will change his mind and forget about this little dream before he changes his underwear