cops hate motorcycles

EagleCock

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/traffic.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-08-08-0002.html

By Donna Willis

E-mail | Biography

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A Columbus police cruiser was involved in an accident with a motorcycle at S.R. 161 and Cleveland Avenue.

FAST FACTS: A CPD cruiser, a motorcycle and several other vehicles were involved in an injury accident close to 8 a.m. Friday on S.R. 161 and Cleveland Avenue. Roads reopened to traffic at 11 a.m. The motorcyclist was transported to an area hospital.

Other vehicles were involved as well.

The crash happened around 7:50 a.m. Friday on the city's Northeast Side.

Northbound Cleveland Avenue was closed at the service road south of 161. Drivers could not turn onto eastbound 161 from Cleveland Avenue. Road restrictions were lifted at 11 a.m.

NBC 4's Tacoma Newsome was on the accident scene.

According to one witness: A car traveling north on Cleveland Avenue was hit from behind by another driver. The driver who committed the offense then drove around the vehicle he hit to try to flee the accident. The driver who was hit got out and flagged down an officer.

The female officer saw the driver and turns on her lights (apparently no siren) and started to travel south on Cleveland through the red light. At the exact same time, a motorcyclist was traveling east on 161 or Dublin-Granville Road (through the green light). The officer and the motorcyclist don't see one another, and the officer hit the motorcycle from behind and caused the bike to hit maybe two other cars.

The motorcyclist was transported to a local hospital. Again, Newsome reported this was all per one witness.

Stay tuned to NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for more information on this developing story.

briliance!!! You got to be kidding me... Both sides are to blame there. How does the motocyclist not see flaming lights in an intesection, and most of all how does the cop not see a rider crossing the intersection. Siren on or not you still check traffic flow before you cross a red light.

Not bikers fault at all, sorry. Fucked up you all are busting his balls. He did no wrong. He had a green light and some dumb ass who happens to be a cop runs the light with no sirens on. Sirens get attention. It doesn't matter if the biker wasn't paying attention for the cop at all, he had a green light and there were no sirens to get anybodys attention. That cop needs to be put behind a desk.:nono:

I don't know about you but I check every intersection every time. while IMHO no it's not his fault, he did have the green light, as a motorcyclist you must realize, your invisible. 100% of the time. I don't care if the light is green or not, I make a conscious effort to check because you never now when some idiot is gonna run a red light, cop or not.

... and the officer hit the motorcycle from behind and caused the bike to hit maybe two other cars.....

I don't know how you approach an intersection when you have a green light, but I will rarely check behind me...I'm much more concerned with cross traffic.

my $.02

I read that as one is traveling south and the other traveling east. Sounded more to me like the motorcyclist cruised through an intersection with the officer turning in behind the motorcyclist or the rider turned in front of the officer at the intersection.

"The officer saw the driver and turned on her lights (apparently no siren) and started to travel south on Cleveland through the red light. At the exact same time, a motorcyclist was traveling east on 161 or Dublin-Granville Road (through the green light)."

Not bikers fault at all, sorry. Fucked up you all are busting his balls. He did no wrong. He had a green light and some dumb ass who happens to be a cop runs the light with no sirens on. Sirens get attention. It doesn't matter if the biker wasn't paying attention for the cop at all, he had a green light and there were no sirens to get anybodys attention. That cop needs to be put behind a desk.:nono:

You've apparently not done much driving in or around Columbus, if theres one thing you learn real quick its that a green light don't mean shit in this town! ALWAYS scan the intersection when going thru and NEVER, oh god, NEVER blow off the line at a red light changin to green, sure as shit two more cars will blow thru the light!

the shit that really pisses me off... a cop running radar trying to catch some speeders... someone blows the light RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, and he just sits there and keeps running radar.

WTF asshole? running red lights is much more dangerous than someone going 40 in a 35.

I'm in front at a red light, it turns GREEN for me and two minivans are coming through on MY GREEN.

but i got a little chuckle when the RED LIGHT CAMERA took their pics. The flash on that thing is crazy bright.

But yes running reds is far more dangerous than a LITTLE extra speed.

briliance!!! You got to be kidding me... Both sides are to blame there. How does the motocyclist not see flaming lights in an intesection, and most of all how does the cop not see a rider crossing the intersection. Siren on or not you still check traffic flow before you cross a red light.

yep its called "due regard"

I'm in front at a red light, it turns GREEN for me and two minivans are coming through on MY GREEN.

but i got a little chuckle when the RED LIGHT CAMERA took their pics. The flash on that thing is crazy bright.

But yes running reds is far more dangerous than a LITTLE extra speed.

LMAO, this is true. I was downtown back in November at night and a car behind me entered the intersection on red.. It was very bright. It's like a spotlight.

Definitely an unfortunate incident but why the hell would you tag this story as "Cops hate motorcycles"? That's ridiculous and uncalled for.

Yeah i would have called it

"Cops Hate Civilians and small dogs, as well as prostitutes who dont pay up" :D:D:D