Hilliard Area - Someone needs to find this guy...

Akula

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/10111865/detail.html

HILLIARD, Ohio -- A warning was issued for the parents of children in Hilliard City Schools on Thursday.Hilliard police said they are investigating the attempted enticement of a Hilliard Davidson High School student, NBC 4 reported. Police said the student was walking home on Sunday on Avery Road when a man the student didn't know began following her.According to a letter sent to parents, the man followed the girl home and gestured several times for her to come to his car -- a mid-90s model Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible with temporary tags.The student was not hurt and police said one of her parents was able to see the man and provide a description of him.The stranger was described as a white man in his late 30s or 40s with dark brown or black shoulder-length hair, a thick, dark beard and weighing 160 pounds. The man was wearing a black ball cap and had two earrings in his left ear.Police searched for the driver, but were not able to apprehend him.

The guy whos daughter it was is on our forum.

I will link what he said on our board

i didnt know where else to post this, but i wanted to get the word out.i know some of you live in the area of old hilliard.

today sunday oct.15 at 3:00 pm while my daughter was walking home a guy tried to get her to get in his car 3 times. she was walking home from davidson high school, and i live right next to bills marathon. i filed a police report with hilliard and they were very concerned, however the only info i could give them is the driver was a white guy in his 40's with a beard. he was wearing a black baseball hat and had a black or dark brown beard. his left ear was pierced twice. he was driving a 92-95 olds cutlas convertible. white with a white top. it had temp tags with expiration of nov.1 2006.

i know it is a shot in the dark but the hilliard police said they would take any additional info at a later time. if any of you see this car please and can get the license plate number please let me know so i can inform the hilliard police.

wow also I would think that with that type of descrition of the car and with the temp tag expiration date they should be able to get a address on at least info on the owner of the car. Or have I been watching to much CSI??

Seriously that should be easy to check the information against the dmvs database of that make and model of car that would have a 30 day tag registered to it.

stories like this make my skin crawl. I have no doubt if I'm ever arrested it will be for beating or killing a creep like that for attempting such crap with my kids. thank God my wife's a lawyer....

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/10111865/detail.html

HILLIARD, Ohio -- A warning was issued for the parents of children in Hilliard City Schools on Thursday.Hilliard police said they are investigating the attempted enticement of a Hilliard Davidson High School student, NBC 4 reported. Police said the student was walking home on Sunday on Avery Road when a man the student didn't know began following her.According to a letter sent to parents, the man followed the girl home and gestured several times for her to come to his car -- a mid-90s model Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible with temporary tags.The student was not hurt and police said one of her parents was able to see the man and provide a description of him.The stranger was described as a white man in his late 30s or 40s with dark brown or black shoulder-length hair, a thick, dark beard and weighing 160 pounds. The man was wearing a black ball cap and had two earrings in his left ear.Police searched for the driver, but were not able to apprehend him.

Bump for update.

he hilliard police called the house today and informed us that thanks to the news report they found the guy.

now for the bad news, they could only issue a warning because what he was doing was not illegal. the officer explained (and even he didnt agree with it) that gesturing is not illegal, however if he would have made any verbal contact or physical contact in anyway it would have been illegal.

(he was motioning to her to come over to the car, and pointing at the passenger seat.)

the guy does not have any record of this kind, which i am surprised by because it sounds like he knew what the boundaries of the law were.

and although they would not give his name they did tell me he was a resident of hilliard.

thanks to all of you,

slowjoe.

Hair to the shoulders, two earrings in the left ear, thick dark beard & oldsmobile.

Man im no detective but you guys are idiots, its obvious it was just a middle aged faggot looking for a new friend. O well either way its just as bad, kill em all kill em all.

• 3 months later...

I am bumping this thread because it appears there is a predetor.

We ALL need to be aware.

This was in the news today (1/28/07).

Hilliard Stranger Danger

By WTVN Newsroom

Hilliard Police and Hilliard City Schools are investigating an attempted abduction.

It happend on Monday near Weaver Elementary after a man approached a girl and asked her to come with him. The girl screamed for help and the man drove away. That girl was not a Weaver student.

The district sent an alert to parents with kids at Weaver, Davidson, Tharp and Avery Elementary Schools. There have been no similar incidents since then.

Copyright © 2003-2007 Clear Channel. All rights reserved.