How do you test a washers drain pump?

Browning

Damn thing will not drain the tub. I have checked the hoses for clogs, etc and it's clean. Pulled the case apart, and removed the drain hose from the outlet side of the pump, and the fucker starts draining. Anybody know anything about washers, and how I might go about testing the pump?

Maybe fill the damn thing with the drain hose off and see if it'll drain all over the basement floor?

What kind of washer? Elactronic controlled, or manual rotary knob?

If it is a manual rotary selector, you can put it into the drain cycle, and listen for the drain pump to run. If it is himming, but not pumping, there is most likely something stuck in the pump impeller. Baby pin, pencil, ect.

If the pump motor is turning, but nothing is pumping, the impeller could have come loose on the shaft.

If its electronic controlled, you can disconect the pump motor, and give it poewer directly to see if it is running. make sure you see a label on the motor stating what voltage it is, and give it that voltage.

Also, some power contol relays on the elecronic ones (sometimes) have fuses for the motors, could have blown one of those.

Manual knob

I think I'm going to rule it out as the timer. And the timer makes a wierd noise when it's time to drain. Local repair shop I called said the same thing. I think I may just look for a new unit, as the timer along is $100