got rid of the exploder..

88lx5oh

and in its place is now a 04 Civic SI with 32k on the clock.

silver with black interior, microsuede and cloth, 5 speed, sunroof.

drives great, is peppy for a 4 banger, gets excellent gas milage, handles pretty damn well, and the sport bucket seats are amazing. not as cramped as i thought i would be either, but alot tighter fit than the explorer.

has 100k mile power train warranty, is honda certified and has a 48k bumper to bumper.

i will get some pics up sometime when i get a chance, and its daylight out.

now off to the garage to install the sirius satellite radio i just bought.

anyone else install one before. my only concern is how to route the damn antenna.

i have the new starmate 4

I sure could recall a few months ago you were talking up the Explorer as if it was the best thing since sliced bread.

If mounting the antenna outside, route the wires under the lip of the window trim, down through the door into the door boot, then whereever it needs to go from there. I've installed a bunch of car kits, and know a variety of ways to do it. Just please don't use the gay-ass suction cup mounts on the windshield w/ wires hanging everywhere; I see too many cars with that tacky setup.

I sure could recall a few months ago you were talking up the Explorer as if it was the best thing since sliced bread.

If mounting the antenna outside, route the wires under the lip of the window trim, down through the door into the door boot, then whereever it needs to go from there. I've installed a bunch of car kits, and know a variety of ways to do it. Just please don't use the gay-ass suction cup mounts on the windshield w/ wires hanging everywhere; I see too many cars with that tacky setup.

wont be doin gthe suction cup mount. so do i actually run the wire through that rubber molding from outside to in, or will the wire be exposed at anypoint on th eoutside of the vehicle

that was my first option to buy a new civic, but i dnot like how much it depriciates pullin goff the lot, 2nd this was cheaper, 3rd when i buy a new car it will after im actually employed through honds. right now i am temping through a company. once hired ill buy new and save almost 4k on a new accord

Don't hold your breath. I've heard honda doens't discount much at all. Most i've talked to said they actually got more money taken off by haggling than the actual honda discount.

Hondas aren't like fords or chevy's they hold value. how much did you get the SI for? when I was looking at civics, ones that were 1 -2 yrs old were only 1k under the price of a new one.

pics of the sirius installed, bes tplace i could put it in this car. all wires hidden. i think i did a pretty good job.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/d2df41ef05.jpg

and some misc pisc. i clay barred it, scratch remover, polish, and wax. it was pretty clean when i got it, but i wanted too get a fresh start. and make sure it looked as good as it can.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/843e0c413d.jpg

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/259efe3017.jpg

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/960d004a6b.jpg

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e0cbe8e348.jpg

Don't hold your breath. I've heard honda doens't discount much at all. Most i've talked to said they actually got more money taken off by haggling than the actual honda discount.

Hondas aren't like fords or chevy's they hold value. how much did you get the SI for? when I was looking at civics, ones that were 1 -2 yrs old were only 1k under the price of a new one.

It depends on which division of Honda you work for. Each has it own discounts plans. My buddy works for in a division(he is in IT) and he gets a great lease rate, that includes all maintenance(oil changes, etc, insurance) and my brother works at East Liberty(Welding Engineer) and he doesnt get the lease deal, but has a better buy option.

By the Hoblick, that is a nice car.

Guest [ i v i ]
Congrats on the new used car. I'm like you in that I went from a 2000 GMC Sierra ext. cab 4x4 to an 06 Si. Yeah, it's a lot smaller, but 31 mpg>17 mpg for someone who drives all day like I do. Nice job on the Sirius placement too. I miss my Sirius. The 06 came with factory XM. I didn't even renew it after the free trial caused it sucked so bad.

thanks rick.

and [ i v i ] yeah the mpg makes a huge difference. and yes XM blows.. i skipped thourhg some station on it at a car audio place, an di wanst impressed wiht the stations. i listen to comedey and what not.. and the sirius has better comedey and music stations, plus howard stern. i like it so far, althog i am getting some static.