Ticketed today on 23

wnaplay1647545503

On my way back from working in chillicothe this morning and I got pulled over. I broke my own rules of always looking for a cop while I drive, and if I see one turn around to immediately turn in someplace. I see him turn around and tail me in the passing lane. A few minutes later he hits me with the lights. Said he clocked me doing 65 in a 55. He was hell bent on giving me a ticket for something. I have been really lucky for many years either just being watchful while driving or talking my way out when I do get stopped.

ME-if I didnt have my seatbelt on(which I did), would you just give me a ticket for that?

COP-did you have your belt on?

ME-depends on your answer.

COP- yeah I will give you a warning for the speeding but I have no option on the seatbelt.

So I saved who knows how much in speeding costs and 2 points on my license, but it will cost me $90 for the belt violation.

Hmm, that was smart thinking there. You probably saved about 40-50 off the cost of the speeding ticket, they run about 130ish down there. You certainly saved a bunch of money on your car insurance (And the first person who snickers about that choice of words loses their e-cookie forever).

Was it South Bloomfield area? The OHP is just all over down there, I don't even bother thinking about speeding through there anymore.

It was just south of south bloomfield. I was getting cocky. I drive that way at least once a week for work and usually plug along with traffic at about 65 while in my gmc4500 box truck that sticks out like a sore thumb. But traffic was really light today and I could not blend in as I usually try to.

Anyone know if the officers voice would have been recorded as he was talking to my at my vehicle?