Winter Projects Thread.

thorne

Myself.

Money permitting...

WRX:

Full Exhaust including down and up pipes, Maybe headers

ECU tune/AP COBB (still up in the air here)

drop in filter

motor mounts

spring: TAX CHECK w00t charge cards paid off

And hopefully a turbo upgrade

new syncros

Shooting for low 13's high 12's

Monte:

Intercooler or headers.

unless the subaru boxer engines are somehow designed differently, im trying to figure out how you are going to put 'headers' on your turbo vehicle

wait...are you the black guy that runs the maroon mustang GTR with turbo rotary and intercoolers?

unless the subaru boxer engines are somehow designed differently, im trying to figure out how you are going to put 'headers' on your turbo vehicle

wait...are you the black guy that runs the maroon mustang GTR with turbo rotary and intercoolers?

Reading owns you. He also owns a Monte Carlo SS, which his wife drives, and for that car, as he labled, he'd like to get an intercooler or headers.

302 with a t-5 in an 85 RX-7, straight pipes and fixing rust.

When I get my tax return...probably a cam and a ford rearend.

Hey, sounds very similar to what I'm doing, we should run next summer, I think it'd be interesting!

While they don't do much for boxer engines until it is heavily modified, but there are such things. Equal length and un-equal length headers, the un-equal length is responsible for the boxer sound. If you go with equal length the car will sound just like a Honda with a fart can but they seem to make more power.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng/perrin_header.htm

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subeng/ManifoldCru.htm

Until you go with a larger turbo and a front mount they do nothing, I am not defending him in any way but I hate to see someone try to make fun of somebody else when they have no idea of what they are talking about.

I was going to be dick, but I am giving you the benefit of doubt that you might be joking. But incase you were not, now you know.

^

like i said, "unless theyre designed differently".

i guess they can call them a header, but to me, its just an unequal length turbo manifold

95% of the time someone says "header(s)", theyre not referring to the manifold before a turbo

^

like i said, "unless theyre designed differently".

i guess they can call them a header, but to me, its just an unequal length turbo manifold

95% of the time someone says "header(s)", theyre not referring to the manifold before a turbo

OK, Can you explain to me what is different about puting on "headers" on a 4th gen F-body than a "Pre-turbo Manifold" on an EVO. How is the goal different?

88lx5oh hey im getting my 250r done should be done finally buy spring. me and my gir both have quads, and i have arround 10 friends that all get together.

There Should Be A Columbus Racing Camping Weekend out at wayne nat. that would be cool everyone bring their quads, or bikes and ride some. could do some drags too.

As made clear in my thread, I will be doing twin GT35Rs. The amount of boost is yet to be decided although low boost will be 12 psi for daily driving. For now I am looking between 21 and 24 psi on race gas (24 psi has shown over 1000rwhp on some cars), but really boost depends on how much fuel I can feed it.