What can you tell me about this tire?

Mojoe

I have read the reviews and seen the rating. I was told these were a great tire. Now I'm hearing different, and that they are shit.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+H4&partnum=055HR6HTRH4&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=22

These are looking to be the fall back if I don't go with the above.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+G+009&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=055HR6G009&fromCompare1=yes&place=2

These tires are going on a 99 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5.

I've got the Bridgestone G 009s on the '01 GTP, love 'em! $410 for the set, mounted, road hazard, etc, out the door. Even in the rain, car feels like it's on rails. And I can almost hit boost accelerating on packed snow!

Mike the reason I'm considering the H4's is that Jesse told me a lot of the S4 guys are running that tire and like it.

Steve, I'm leaning toward the Bridgestones. Thanks for your review.

Eric, I've had pretty good luck with not going mainstream. And I talked to Derek this morning, as well as RutanTA.

Shawn, they don't make the ASX's in 205/55-65/16.

Joe, I suggested the HTR+ I have no idea about the HTR H4

Second to the HTR+ a lot of the S4 guys like to use the Kumho Escta ASX. When I needed tires quickly Tire Rack didn't have the HTR+ in stock so I went with the ASX and it was a great tire for the money too.

I read quite a few reviews on the HTR+, while they rate 9th overall, they seem to have a good following and must be be quite a bargain. If you read the last 10 or so reviews by the Audi drivers, they say these have soft sidewalls and make some tread noise after 5000+ miles.

The Bridgestone did rank #2, but at $35+ cheaper per tire, the HTR+ seem to be a reasonable choice for the frugal minded. Especially if you have to replace one from pothole damage.

Mike's right, it's a good tire for the money. If you spend 50% more on a tire you better be getting a far better tire. I ran the ASX (and would run the HTR+) for 'winter' tires. This is Joe's 'beater', so same situation in my mind. He could spend $150+ on tires, but why when if he really wants to have some fun, he can just take the RX7 out.

I needed some good, cheap all seasons for the Taurus recently and went with these after a little research.

Tires

The day we had the most snow, my gf and I purposely went for a fun drive and I was very impressed with the tire. The snow didn't seem to pack to the tire keeping the tread working well. It seems to do well in the dry, too. At least as far as I can tell in this cold weather.

*After further searching, I don't believe they have these in a 55series. :( Only in these sizes:

Sizes