What would you pick for a get away car?

Mojoe

I have a big bank heist I'm planning and can't decide the car to use to get away.

Just kidding.

On a serious note: If you had to get away from someone, maybe that are trying to kill you? Maybe the cops (don't recommend)? Maybe you are in an area that is under attack or natural disaster and need to get your spouse and kids out of the area. So there is your urgency. Your location is within the 270, and I would say you are looking to get at least 75 miles away. Let's limit this to realistic vehicles that most people see frequently.

Please include your scenario and why you chose that vehicle. I will post mine later.

I would use an older cadillac deville, probably white and dirty. Assuming someone is trying to kill me cause I broke all his bowling balls. The car has enough pickup that I could probably get a little distance on him (because he has a 200x monte carlo that a '98 malibu beat). After putting distance on him the car would most likely blend in, especially in the ghetto. To enhance my blending I would wear a baseball hat, driving gloves, a members only jacket, and have a handicap tag. The only drawback is that I would be forced to drive 10mph under the speed limit. He would never catch me.

Well, my immediate choice would be some type of turbo bike. But, this is with the conclusion I do not have a lot to carry.

If I had to choose a car, I would pick......yes....the Veyron. Why? The fact alone that it can hit the speeds it does. If I am around 270 area it will be speed that owns all. So, that is my choice.

EDIT: Your choices are shitty. :p Also, if I could afford the Bugatti I probably wouldn't be robbing a bank, so we will assume someone is trying to kill me. If this were the case, I would sell my car and by a shit ton of guns.

Unrealistically: Subaru WRX WRC Car or Mitsu Evo WRC Car, that would destroy anything behind or in front of it, and you have the area where the backseat used to be for supplies or...god forbid...children. Trunk too.

Realistically: Some sort of Turbo Diesel 4x4 that could be easily tuned for more power, and has lots of ground clearance.

I would use an older cadillac deville, probably white and dirty. Assuming someone is trying to kill me cause I broke all his bowling balls. The car has enough pickup that I could probably get a little distance on him (because he has a 200x monte carlo that a '98 malibu beat). After putting distance on him the car would most likely blend in, especially in the ghetto. To enhance my blending I would wear a baseball hat, driving gloves, a members only jacket, and have a handicap tag. The only drawback is that I would be forced to drive 10mph under the speed limit. He would never catch me.

yes that did happen. 98 malibu beat me i spun and i had like 500+lbs on you and yes its a POS(thats why im looking for a new car) oh well on a side note... my monte would out run both of your cars. you can take your jeep and tow your cobra because it doesnt run and isnt close to, but lets face it the jeep is a POS and i bet that thing couldnt make it out of ohio with out breaking down.

Unrealistically: Subaru WRX WRC Car or Mitsu Evo WRC Car, that would destroy anything behind or in front of it, and you have the area where the backseat used to be for supplies or...god forbid...children. Trunk too.

Realistically: Some sort of Turbo Diesel 4x4 that could be easily tuned for more power, and has lots of ground clearance.

We are thinking the same.

I like the other posts too. Keep them coming.

I am thing a bulletproof turbo diesel F350 4x4 Like the ones they use on private contractor duty in Irac. It may be slower but I can push anything out of the way and not get shot in the process.

If you say that is not realistic enough then I say a Brink's truck with a Sks to shot back with :)

Tahoe or Suburban.

could easily load the family up plus room for supplies.Also if you have to take it off road if we ran out of road or blocked traffic.

Plus one.

Also, it's heavy enough to plow through barriers and sturdy enough to take sustained damage.

I can't believe no one has said it yet.

Armored truck. Simple. big, heavy, bulletproof. Lots of room for storage and person's. Gun holes for defending yourself, etc...

As for a scenario? It would be horrible for a bank robbery, way too high profile. Now if you just need to get away, safe and sound its perfect. Or if all hell breaks loose and your in the real life "dawn of the dead" scenario, it's perfect.

yes that did happen. 98 malibu beat me i spun and i had like 500+lbs on you and yes its a POS(thats why im looking for a new car) oh well on a side note... my monte would out run both of your cars. you can take your jeep and tow your cobra because it doesnt run and isnt close to, but lets face it the jeep is a POS and i bet that thing couldnt make it out of ohio with out breaking down.

I see your monte and raise you a monte... 10 roll. I spot you 2

on topic.

.... the Balls out dream, M5, M3 , E55.

For practical, I really think some type of Jeep would rock. But I really would enjoy a subby if it was raised up al ittle and some nobbish tires.

Chevy 2500 Duramax Diesel 4x4 for the disaster situation, climb over shit and the diesel power and room to haul shit.

Galant VR4, plenty of power and awd, stealth looks that blend in with the other cars around town to ditch the cops before the chopper gets overhead.

Here's my thought:

I can't over look the ability of a sport bike. For a straight up, cops are after you and you can't get caught with the loot you stole for your kids operation.

On another side: you have to get to the Cincinnati airport in 50 minutes to catch the last flight for 24 hours to get to a friend who is dying of cancer, and you have the cure for cancer. I'm looking at the STI to get me there. If I have to cut through a median or make my own off ramp. I think the set up would take the beating and be fast enough for me to get there in time.

Tsunami/ area under attack: What I'm looking for is something with some clearance and power. Yet, it needs to be fast or at least quick too. I'm thinking I would have to go with the FJ cruiser. I know it may not be very hard hitting. But, if I had to get out of an area, I think the fuel use would last longer then something packing huge power. It's smaller and more maneuverable and still a very strong option.

Cougar, and not the Mercury type. I've seen these puppies come back from convoys having gone through multiple IED's and the only thing that happened was some paint missing and maybe a flat tire.

http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/Cougar_1.jpg

Saw one of these monsters going down 70E and had no clue what it was. In a word....badass.