2007 Autox schedule

Dr. Apex

For all: The saturday test and tune on the 14th is limited and already full, you must have already registered online. The sunday event has plenty of room and on-site registration as well, though I've heard about an issue with the registration site on not allowing people to register for the sunday event, I will ask about this.

Hot Wire: Is the car modified?? I'll need to know what's done to it if anything for the class and I can ask for you. You can sign up for as many events as you like except that saturday T&T. Better to ask questions now than be bogged down the day of the race and end up frustrated.

Benz guy, sounds like a "CP" car to me but I'll find out for sure. I'm going to ask about the registration as they've been having issues with it, I'll keep you posted.

Pat, not yet. If it were a turbo car it would have sold within a couple weeks but it's n/a. Plus now I need another steering wheel for it as I took my momo out to put in ray's S2000.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benz: Your car will be in "CP"(your best bet), "XP"(but almost nobody runs it yet), and "EM"(against open wheel cars and Factory five's).

Hot Wire: You could be in "GS - STX - DSP - FP - SM - EM" Just saw it's a turbo car, awd??

Let me know your mods and I can tell you which one.

1 week to go!! I can't wait. Right now the weather report is calling for rain saturday but it's way too early to tell yet, either way we have rain tires just in case. Everyone got their cars ready yet??

Yay, triple post!!

Benz: Your car will be in "CP"(your best bet), "XP"(but almost nobody runs it yet), and "EM"(against open wheel cars and Factory five's).

Hot Wire: You could be in "GS - STX - DSP - FP - SM - EM" Just saw it's a turbo car, awd??

Let me know your mods and I can tell you which one.

The car's a 185bhp fwd turbocharged 5 spd with the annoying tenancy for understeer. No performance mods - unless you count the broken hood emblem as a weight reduction :eek: . I'm signing up for the driver's school as well as test and tune II.

Tomorrow, I'm off to find a race helmet. Look forward to meeting you all!

Should I even sign up for either of the Test n Tunes, or wait till the drivers school (Either way, I will be there like I was last year).

Pat, is your MR2 dark blue? I follow you out of school all the time. You turn left off highstreet down that first hill....

Watch out for the saab :)

Yeah, I'm a junior this year. You're a senior? How does the mr2 do at the autocross?

Yeah I am a senior. I have had the MR2 since December, a little after the season is over. Therefor, I do not know how mine will do. However, I have seen other Mk1, and they seem to do pretty well (minus the snap oversteer).

Ed, you are in "G Stock" then. They have loaner helmets there but if you want your own the best place is would be Iron Pony, they have nice open face helmets starting around $75. They MUST be DOT and SNELL certified for autocross, if not they can't be used.

Pat, this sunday's event still has plenty of room still so if your ready why not?? Definitely do the drivers school, I won't be there for that event but Ray will.

Guest 78novaman

Hey haven't posted in this thread for a while. I had a bunch of stuff come up for this weekend. I will show up early Sat. morning 8-9am to watch and see how it goes. I'll have to leave early and I'm busy Sunday.

Hopefully I'll see Pat & Pat there.

Hey haven't posted in this thread for a while. I had a bunch of stuff come up for this weekend. I will show up early Sat. morning 8-9am to watch and see how it goes. I'll have to leave early and I'm busy Sunday.

Hopefully I'll see Pat & Pat there.

Racing starts around 9:30, no need to be there before then if your going to watch. Stop by and say hi, your welcome to a ride.

My check engine light just flipped own. We'll see if my mass air flow sensor can get here before the weekend!

Where do you guys pick up the magnetic lettering? Do you just cut it from sheets?

PS. Iron pony has some great closeouts on helmets. I got a $200 Bell for $99!!!

Just checking to see who will be there on Sat. I made it to the last event last year and it was a blast so this will hopefully be my first full year at autocross. I will be driving a 2006 Subaru sti and will probably be the only sti in stock class. It seems that people modify there sti as soon as it leaves the dealership.

Anyone can stop by and say hi and your more then welcome for a ride along.

Questing if you are in stock class how much test and tuning can you really do?

Ed, I got my magnetic material at Andersons or something then went to a graphics shop to have mine made. Cheapest way is to find some magnet material and buy some number/letter stickers at any store and do it that way.

Bob, I think I remember you from last year, you were one of the 2 STi's running AS that day right??

You can make tire pressure adjustments on each lap!! :D Just remember, the nut behind the wheels typically needs constant testing and tuning.

Pat, what tires are you looking at??

I dont really know what to get yet Ben, mind helping me out? Ive been looking at some Fuzions.

Can't help ya with the tires, but I'll still put a plug in for NTB. They take great care of me there.

Usually, NTB will match tirerack's price for the tires and install them for very little. If you need an alignment, check quotes at other shops- my NTB matches those prices too.

If you ever need a plug/patch for a nail, they will do the job for free (IF you bought the tires from them). Rotations are free as well, but they usually take about an hour.

NTB FTW!