2007 Autox schedule

Dr. Apex

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well damnit Ben, I'll have to come out and make fun of your glorified weed eater, while driving my glorified stup puller. :cool:

Hopefully I'll make the TnT.

It's not just any weed eater, we've got naws on it now!!! Actually my momo wheel is likely going on the car which will add some most welcome leg room making the car easier to drive for me.

Ray was bitching he couldn't hear the car in the videos but a noise-cancelling mic will only do so much on such a quiet car, so I think i've got him talked into a comptech intake as well!!

You going to be in the 160 again?? I saw you at an event last year and didn't even realize that was you!!

Until you have to stop. :D

All I do is turn the wheel as hard as I can and let the car go in a circle until I stop, thus I don't need the brakes!!

BTW, Ray just pulled out the credit card and is talking to IPS about some parts for the S, I can't wait to see what he orders!!

Im thinkin about running the audi this year, just need a new set of wheels and tires for auto-x

Just run what you brung, you dont have to have race tires like we do. I ran my first 3 seasons on the same street tires I drove on daily. Though you will have a lot more fun on good street tires like Falken's of KDW's than you would with something like "general" tires or some of the cheapo tires.

The new webiste is up for our autocross region now....go to http://www.ovr-scca.org/

It should be relatively bug free but some minor issued might come up.

It's been redisigned to be simpler to navigate and more user friendly for those not as apt on web browsing making it easier for people to know how to get started autocrossing, so far I think it looks really good.

I attended three AutoX events last year and it looked like a great afternoon of fun.

Now seems like a good time to get started since the driver's school and tune sessions are coming up.

What's my first step toward lining up in the grid? I've got experince working on cars, but little knowledge about AutoX-ing them. Should I register for all three of the beginner events?

I'm 17 and drive a Saab 9-3 turbo. Sounds like I need to get some minor waviers signed by my parents before I show up.

Hope to see you guys out there. I think I know a few people in this thread through Watterson and other friends.

ps. megaman, that sig is classic :)

What's my first step toward lining up in the grid? I've got experince working on cars, but little knowledge about AutoX-ing them. Should I register for all three of the beginner events?

I'm 17 and drive a Saab 9-3 turbo. Sounds like I need to get some minor waviers signed by my parents before I show up.

The link below will answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34288

At 17 you will need a minor waiver signed and notorized by both parents. Once on file at the beginning of the year - you are set for that season.

The minor waiver can be found and downloaded/printed here:

http://www.ovr-scca.org/_ovrclub/formsandlinks/formsandlinks.asp?hl=forms.asp

See you at the events!

The OVR driver's school would be most beneficial even if your not a novice, you will get one on one instruction to learn the basics or whatever you need. The best way to learn and get better at autocross is to do it, nothing can replace experience.

I just looked into registering and I see two test and tune days. Should I go to both test days and the driver's school or could I skip one of the test days? The site wants to know my car's class as well. Anybody know which class a 185bhp saab 9-3 would be in?

I realize that I'm just pouring questions out, thanks for your patience with me :)

I want in on the 15th....how do I register online? The clicky on the calendar page takes me to some one elses site. It says no on-site regs...booo.

I also have no idea what class I would be in. My car is nuts. Where would this pile fit?

91 Cougar, V8 rwd IRS. Will have 17" wheels and victoracers. Not stock transmission, caged, harness, gutted to hell, almost no exhaust. For sale thread with all mods.

Where should I sign up?