2007 Autox schedule

Dr. Apex

i'm also interested in attending never autox ed before though what class do you think i'd have to run with a1995 240sx sr20det and fully adjustable links and kei office coil-overs?

probley not be able to be to competitive huh? oh well i'd probley be fun any ways

how much does the school cost?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm also interested in attending never autox ed before though what class do you think i'd have to run with a1995 240sx sr20det and fully adjustable links and kei office coil-overs?

probley not be able to be to competitive huh? oh well i'd probley be fun any ways

how much does the school cost?

You would likely be an "SM" class. A 240 won the "STS" class this year at nationals, they are a competitive car with the right formula.

I instructed last year at the OVR school at OSU. I had two "students" - one a first timer, one with about a season of experience. There was obviously a course to run as well as a small skid pad and a short slalom in a seperate lot. Each instructor is different. I rode with both students on almost all their runs. I basically offered a brief critique after each run and offered suggestions as to things to work on the following run. We also spent about 5-10 minutes at the skidpad and made 6-8 runs at the short slalom early in the day to work on a few specific points.

Several instructors rode early - then let the students have at it unless they ask for help. While seat time is good - if you're going to invest your time in a school - I'd get an instructor in the car with me for as many runs as possible. Just thrashing away without anyone to provide feedback on what your doing right-or wrong just opens the door for you to develop bad habits early.

Pat/Pat/Jeff - my preference is to work with the RWD guys if possible. I'll be glad to work with any/all of you. Just put in a request in the notes when you register.

I am going to register for the drivers school as soon as it is open. I will ask for you as an instructor, is this o.k.?

Registration looks to be open now - wow $50 for the school and $30 for the Points Event - sure glad SCCA is just "friendly little club"!!!!!

Pat/Pat/Jeff - just send the registrar a note that you would like me as an instructor. I haven't seen a request for instructors yet, but Andy Bell knows me well enough to get in touch.

Fenders are getting rolled next week. The last of the porting is now done. New IC pipe with BOV being made next week. New high flow elbow. Short throw and rear dif brace go on next week. 2nd oil cooler going on within 2 weeks. Datalogit, on order. New tune to follow, pending tuner availability.

Ben/others, other than me sorting out what I want my settings at, what other things can you recommend? And no, you are not driving the car.

As long as the car is in good running order and can pass tech, just the driver needs to be in sort!!

BTW, my buddy that just bought his rx7 will be in the same class as you and our friend with his mr2 so you should have fun.

I basically scanned the posts, all i have to say is autocross is way more fun than drag racing period. I went as a rookie in G-stock this past year and got second for the season. I am sure there were some people making fun of my booger green duster, but I don't care. I held my own to cars in classes above mine. The only car I ever made fun of was the yugo with the exhaust mounted to the side of the car and even then was all out of love. Other than that everyone is super cool, and if they do make fun of my car they won't say it to your face ;) lol. If you decide to show up come say hi to green GS number 7 duster.

p.s. The only guy I knew really was Ben and his dsm when I started and I only knew him because he posted his car in his sig. Very cool guy hats off. g luck in A stock ben. Autocross guys are a different breed, and I think every autocross guy would agree. Its all about the sport.

p.s. you might want to give me a ride this year some time???

p.s.s I would love to test drive a miata this year, just to see if I would like to buy one myself, any takers?

I basically scanned the posts, all i have to say is autocross is way more fun than drag racing period. I went as a rookie in G-stock this past year and got second for the season. I am sure there were some people making fun of my booger green duster, but I don't care. I held my own to cars in classes above mine. The only car I ever made fun of was the yugo with the exhaust mounted to the side of the car and even then was all out of love. Other than that everyone is super cool, and if they do make fun of my car they won't say it to your face ;) lol. If you decide to show up come say hi to green GS number 7 duster.

p.s. The only guy I knew really was Ben and his dsm when I started and I only knew him because he posted his car in his sig. Very cool guy hats off. g luck in A stock ben. Autocross guys are a different breed, and I think every autocross guy would agree. Its all about the sport.

p.s. you might want to give me a ride this year some time???

p.s.s I would love to test drive a miata this year, just to see if I would like to buy one myself, any takers?

You can try out my 06 if you want, but I'm not sure you're looking for the NC Miatas.

Looks like I'll be in C class. Is there a lot of cars running this? Either way shall be fun.

Your welcome to ride along any time Gray, likely Ray and I will run BSP instead as he's contemplating some mods to the car and Beerman will be fun to chase!!

There's a couple of fast miata's in C Stock for you Mike so you'll have fun.

I am going to try to make an event or two this spring (especially the drivers school). See if I can't get some better times. School is betting real busy though so I don't know how many I can make it to. The 2 times I made it out last year I had a good time.

I know the Mustang has some better times in it, it is the driver holding it back :) It was going to be pushing 450-500rwhp and R-compound tires, but all of that fell through so it is the same as last year.

Hey, I want to register for the school today, but I have no idea what class my car runs in. I have a 1987 MR2 with stock everything (except it may be lowered, I cant really tell, but everyone thinks it is), except it has a custom exhaust (Cherry Bomb).

Register in "E" Stock. Your muffler is downstream of the cat and the car is otherwise stock. Besides - it's just a school - and as far as the regular events, until you get comeptitive - no one will probably care. Did you get your front sway bar links yet?

I am going to try to make an event or two this spring (especially the drivers school). See if I can't get some better times. School is betting real busy though so I don't know how many I can make it to. The 2 times I made it out last year I had a good time.

I know the Mustang has some better times in it, it is the driver holding it back :) It was going to be pushing 450-500rwhp and R-compound tires, but all of that fell through so it is the same as last year.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again Matt. That's a lot of car to try and turn with so it will take some more getting used to. Definitely sign up for the drivers school, it will help a lot.

Register in "E" Stock. Your muffler is downstream of the cat and the car is otherwise stock. Besides - it's just a school - and as far as the regular events, until you get comeptitive - no one will probably care. Did you get your front sway bar links yet?

I am ordering them either tonight after I study for finals, or tomorrow in study hall, but I know where I am getting them from. There is a place called Twos-R-Us. They have, you guessed it, MR2 parts. Grassroots Motorsports ordered some parts from there for their MkI MR2 project, and that is where I first heard of them.

Edit:

Twos R Us

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: *deleted*

Detailed Invoice:

*deleted*

Date Ordered: Tuesday 20 March, 2007

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Twos R Us Decal - FREE! (TRU Decal Pr) = $0.00

1 x Sway Bar End Links (H/T Link) = $99.00

Model MK1 MR2