Did you vote?

fusion

Did you vote?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • None of your business!

Just a poll to see how many voted and what the experiences where.

I waited to go vote early this morning right when the polls opened. The line built really fast and was pretty large by the time I got back out. Only took about 45 mins though. Everyone was in a good mood and it was a great experience overall. I used the touch screen ballot although they also had a paper option.

The only thing I found a tad hinky was that McCain's name was at the top of the screen and Obama's at the bottom with 5 or 6 in between in that first column.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited to go vote early this morning right when the polls opened. The line built really fast and was pretty large by the time I got back out. Only took about 45 mins though. Everyone was in a good mood and it was a great experience overall. I used the touch screen ballot although they also had a paper option.

The only thing I found a tad hinky was that McCain's name was at the top of the screen and Obama's at the bottom with 5 or 6 in between in that first column.

That's funny, my ballot was the opposite, with McCain's name at the bottom...

I voted about 3 weeks ago. Funny thing you mentioned the order...it was the reverse here, with Obama up top and McCain on the bottom. I wonder who determines that?!?

I voted about 3 weeks ago. Funny thing you mentioned the order...it was the reverse here, with Obama up top and McCain on the bottom. I wonder who determines that?!?

No idea, you would think they would standardize something like. I guess It's too much to ask for them to actually put some thought into it.

My only concern, no matter which way it was, is how the screen formats for those who need to use the larger display option.

I voted when the polls opened. I got there about 5 miniutes early ant the line was pretty long. It took 45 minutes to get thru and when I came out, the line was twice as long as it was when I got there. There were a few pissed off people that waited in the wrong line and then just left because they didnt want to wait in line again. And at my polls, McCain was at the bottom and Nobama was at the top. I was suprised at all the other people running for president that I have never heard of before, other than Ralph Nader.

I voted when the polls opened. I got there about 5 miniutes early ant the line was pretty long. It took 45 minutes to get thru and when I came out, the line was twice as long as it was when I got there. There were a few pissed off people that waited in the wrong line and then just left because they didnt want to wait in line again. And at my polls, McCain was at the bottom and Nobama was at the top. I was suprised at all the other people running for president that I have never heard of before, other than Ralph Nader.

I voted on Friday but it was the same for me. I had to go all the way to the bottom of the page to cast my vote.....

That would be my guess. Both Mccain and Obama were close to the middle on the machine I used.

That's good to hear. Hopefully more people report things more like that. Having them only swapping between top and bottom of the screen would be crap.

They were in alphabetical order..... :nono:

They were in alphabetical order..... :nono:

I think we have determined that it is some type of randomness for the order of candidates considering that many peoples were different. Honesty, It doesn't matter to me one bit how the candidates are arranged.

Does it matter if a names at the top or bottom....come on now. We must be getting old. If you know who you're looking for, what's the dilemma.

By the way.... on my vote machine McCain/Palin was at the top-right. I honestly didn't even see Obama/Biden on mine. ha!

Does it matter if a names at the top or bottom....come on now. We must be getting old. If you know who you're looking for, what's the dilemma.

By the way.... on my vote machine McCain/Palin was at the top-right. I honestly didn't even see Obama/Biden on mine. ha!

That's kind of why it would be an issue. If they intentionally listed one candidate at the top and the other at the bottom it could cause problems for some voters. I think we've determined though it's not an issue.