is your work slow? *attn dealer techs*

Joe

I know there are a few other dealership techs on here and I know we all bitch about how slow work is in the winter times, especially around the holidays, so i figured I would see how the other places are doing compared to mine.

Lately, its been pretty bad at my work. Dont touch our first car until about 8:30 and seems like we are done with the majority of our jobs by about 3pm. I work on a team of 3 techs, myself included. This time of year, all it seems we are doing is fuggin batteries for .5 and oil changes for .3, sometimes rotations too. I just hate that we had to bust our asses with tons and tons of little services to get 87hours on our last pay period!!

Of course it doesnt help that my service writer couldnt up sell fries in a combo meal at McDonald's!

On top of that, we recently changed insurance stuff and now I am paying more for a LOT less coverage.....:(

So how is everyone else doing out there?

Guest Removed
were slamed with work.

Same here..

i never liked the team pay deals tho.

but then , im not at the dealer no more either. Walked away years ago and never looked back. :)

sucks for you, were slamed with work.

good to hear. I guess its all a matter of perception. some people say 40 hrs is slammed, to me I am not busy until I get 100 hrs or more. I have had 132 hrs in 6 days, but that was just luck.

I wanna get back to 90+ for 6, 80+ for my 5 day week, and nothing less that 70 on my 4 day week.

I cant wait for another month...thats about when we get stupid busy.

I've been pretty busy. I usually bust around 120-130 hours a pay. I also have the best service writer I've yet to see at this company. Although when we aren't busy it's alright too, we just installed wi-fi and I can play CS 1.6 will at my toolbox. lol I don't complain. It'll pick up here in a little bit.

PS I only get paid .3's a battery and .2's an oil change, rotates are .5's. I get all my money from upsells. But I also work at my father-in-law's shop on the weekends for extra $$$

sounds like i might want to look into a dealer job. I get nothing for batteries, .1 for oil changes, nothing for rotations. and my manager likes to make people deals on inners that book for 2.5 that he knocks down to 1. he said since i have the tools to do it in 30 min i dont deserve the extra money. I think he doesnt want me making more a week than him. what should I do? I guess now would be a good time since most people posting in here are techs.

sounds like i might want to look into a dealer job. I get nothing for batteries, .1 for oil changes, nothing for rotations. and my manager likes to make people deals on inners that book for 2.5 that he knocks down to 1. he said since i have the tools to do it in 30 min i dont deserve the extra money. I think he doesnt want me making more a week than him. what should I do? I guess now would be a good time since most people posting in here are techs.

Fuck your manager (or his wife) seriously, when i worked at Graham and helped the advisor's it doesnt matter if it took you 5 min, you still touched that car your ass deserves to get paid for it. And why should it matter if you use your tools to do a job or not? Either way the customer is still paying the same price so he's not giving them a deal, he's taking money out of YOUR POCKET. Seriously Brian do something about that.

kill him.... if your flat rate you need to be getting book time or better on every job.....

go over his head if you have too