Picked up a new ride today :)

ChevyMan1972

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dan, its not a DSM..but i think it will be slightly more reliable... lol

VW reliablle, = Hell naw.

Shoot me a PM if you need any Codes cleared. I have a Vagcom cable you can see if anything is wrong with your entire car.

from your radio to your Oxygen sensors.

Awesome man....thanks. I contacted Byers imports today about some parts, mostly motor mounts etc and the prices arent to bad so I will go with them. But as for the headlight no luck....

Just pm me if you can find anything.

Thanks for everything guy's!

Daniel

I also need a key made. I have the title in hand, and when I talked to the dealer they are giving me a hard time getting a key made.

Daniel

Well, they are going to continue to be hard about it.

When you get the car you get 2 Fobs, and a serial number in a clear plastic "fob" of its own.

This serial number is needed to order the new fobs. (which are quite pricey at $250+ each).

What do you have now.. a single Remote/Fob ? or the plastic Valet key ?

Guest powers
I also need a key made. I have the title in hand, and when I talked to the dealer they are giving me a hard time getting a key made.

Daniel

Find someone who can do a key request. I had MAG do one for me off the vin on my A6. I had to bring them my ID and title to prove I was the owner. They made copies of what I brought, had me fill out a form, and sign it. It took a little over a week and poof new laser cut fob key. This cost me 200 dollars. I talked to three different people at MAG who all told me they needed the key combo. I kept trying and found someone who helped me with this. It has been a few years so things could be different now.

If all else fails the key combo that comes on the valet key has a matching sticker that can be found on the inside of the owners manual sometimes. When we took delivery on the Passat they put a sticker for the radio and keys in there, so you may get lucky that way too.

UPDATE!

Project is going well, I got the hookup at Byers Imports on Hamilton rd. Key is ordered, and about $1500 bucks in new parts are on the way. If everything goes as planned I will have it to the frame shop by next week...

Here are a couple more progress photo's

Thanks,

Daniel

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/weavedan/100_0149.jpg

Question, my car is Xenon head lights option....I am having a tough time finding them to replace....can I replace them with something like this? Is it better?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-AUDI-A4-HALO-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-W-LED_W0QQitemZ260096099833QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks,

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

I am picking up the new key today....question is? Who can re-program my new key to the ECU? Car is currently not running and I am going to need to take it to the frame shop next week.

If someone has any ideas let me know...

Thanks,

Daniel

good luck with the rebuild! I love my audi/vw's!

pm me a list of part numbers you need. I have a parts guy at a dealer in MA that will over night parts to you (free shipping) and parts are 50-90% cheaper than byers.

Holy super deal.

i found this and was thinking about buy it but i dont know. but, u got a really good buy there http://239auto.com/2003_Audi_A-6_096828.htm

Yes sir!! That is a steal....I called them about that car and all it need's is bumber cover, and thats it! Better hurry though I dont think it will last that long...

Later,

Daniel

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ohio B7
Dan, you need to get on Audiworld. its THE audi forum. There is so much info there, you might need to spend a whole day to brose the archives to see what is out there. There are places to get new headlights for a couple hundred, many places to get new bumpers ect. Let me know if you have any questions.

• 3 months later...

Project update....

Well....car has been at my friends frame shop fo 2 months :( Everything checks out on the gauges frame rack, but when you try and close the hood its still looks like its krooked :( we dont have any Idea what to do from here, it almost looks like you need a special set of gauges to pull this car, and it was hit harder than I 1st thought...

Anyone know if a good frame repair man that could give me some ideas here?

Thanks,

Daniel