CR Presents: Norwalk 2007!

MrMeanGreen

Which date for CR Norwalk 2007?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which date for CR Norwalk 2007?

• Friday, May 11th, rain date of Monday, May 14th
    • Friday, September 28th, rain date of Monday, October 1st
    • Both dates

I've secured a Norwalk day on behalf of CR, which will be shared by COFBA and OhioRiders for scheduling/cost purposes (plus members from those sites are usually CR members anyways).

I've reserved two days, with an optional rain date of the following Monday, and am asking for CR to vote which one we choose. It's possible we could keep both of them, but I need to make it adamantly apparant that WE NEED to have both of these pre-paid a month in advance to know we're gonna do it. Same as last year, we're gonna take pre-paid, non-refundable spots that will only be refunded if both dates are cancelled.

Also, I will not solely be relied upon to run this. Those last year saw how bad I was physically falling apart from the lack of sleep and amount of stress I had to deal with (thanks to Stillman for helping with the bill debate), so I will assist someone who volunteers to manage this. Co-management type of thing.

Now, I will be using the leftover CR money from last year in two ways:

1) We will be having a Senior Member cookout, free for Senior Members, and at minimal cost for Regular Members, with the possibility of a higher charge for non-CR members. That last bit will be discussed. CR will foot $250 for this.

2) Footing part of the bill towards Norwalk, either to offset some cost or to pay for additional track prep pr something. CR will foot $500 for this.

OR

We can divide those amounts in half, and do both track days with both options.

What I want is your input on what you'd like. I will post a poll for the dates, then ask for your post with your input on the details. Also, if you're interested in managing one of the events with me, PM me.

I'm also gonna talk to the other two clubs and see if they'll assist in the finances or provide a service since we're doing what I stated above.

Friday, May 11th with a rain date of Monday, May 14th

Friday, September 28th with a rain date of Monday, October 1st

Provide feedback as you see fit. This is another big event, but we have a long road ahead. If we ultimately choose May 11th over September 28th or having both, we need to start taking payments and spots by April 1st and I'll extend the pre-register deadline to May 1st.

with all the fuss about last years norwalk trip id say only one date, if you wanna go twice, mike c from columbus DSM had posted their track day on here as well. not that im a senior member...yet...but i think a cook out could be a good time, and a good way to put faces to names. just my .02

I like both ideas, but only the latter of the two dates. As stated above, CDSM is having a norwalk track day May7th, and there's no point in going to norwalk twice in one week. So i voted for the sept/oct one, there's plenty of time for more mods/changes between may and sept.

You can. BTW, go into AETC and try for FC (Fire Controlman), you won't regret it :)

And why is that? Im guessing because that is what you were doing? Im not sure what AETC is..??