Lookie what i got in the mail today:

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

Here are the parts that i ordered:

ASUS P5N32-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Arctic Silver CMQ-22G The high-density, ceramic-based thermal compound

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300 - OEM (open box)

Dynatron DF124028BH-3/L 40mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan Fan for 1U System - oem

EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - retail

CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4D - retail

FAN CORSAIR XMS|CMXAF1 RTL - retail

COOLER MASTER RL-MUA-EBU1 AQUAGATE Mini R80 / R120 Liquid Cooling System - retail

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply - retail

Antec Performance One P180B Black Mid Tower Computer Case

The parts that are migrating over form my old system:

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Gateway Fpd2275w 22inch widescreen HD Display

Soundblaster X-fi extreme gamer fatality edition

Microsoft intellimouse explorer 4.0

well there is everything what do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Post%20Stuff/mynewpc009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Post%20Stuff/mynewpc016.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Post%20Stuff/mynewpc017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Post%20Stuff/mynewpc018.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Post%20Stuff/Pix001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/00Smurf/Post%20Stuff/Pix002.jpg

Guest 00Smurf
My only ding is on the Aquagate Mini..

Other than that..awesome system.

:)

have a bad experience with it? its working liek a charm atm. 20c temps at idle. doing windows update at the moment, another hour or so. then its off to the benchies.

have a bad experience with it? its working liek a charm atm. 20c temps at idle. doing windows update at the moment, another hour or so. then its off to the benchies.

I guess it depends on your intentions.

If you intend to o/c the piss outta her then its not going to hold up very well.

DD makes some uber affordable kits and components that lay waste to most pre-packaged setups.

Wow, I think you went a little overboard, but whatever floats your boat :\

I just built a new computer, but I reused a lot of stuff. I only got a new Mobo (MSI MS-7350), new processor (Core 2 Duo E4300), and some new ram (2 gigs of Wintec DDR2). I also bought a 7900 GT CO SC off of a friend of mine in Michigan who was running two in SLi mode, but he got rid of one because he is a college student and needs money. lol

Guest 00Smurf
Wow, I think you went a little overboard, but whatever floats your boat :\

I just built a new computer, but I reused a lot of stuff. I only got a new Mobo (MSI MS-7350), new processor (Core 2 Duo E4300), and some new ram (2 gigs of Wintec DDR2). I also bought a 7900 GT CO SC off of a friend of mine in Michigan who was running two in SLi mode, but he got rid of one because he is a college student and needs money. lol

i had to. the only thing form my old sys i could reuse was the monitor, kybd mouse and sound card.

I was running:

p4 2.6ht o/c to 2.86

2 gb corsair twinx pc3200 ddr ram

radeon x1950pro agp 256mb

asus p4p800-e

I guess it depends on your intentions.

If you intend to o/c the piss outta her then its not going to hold up very well.

DD makes some uber affordable kits and components that lay waste to most pre-packaged setups.

The E6300 on a STOCK intel cooler will overclock to well over 2.8ghz. So using a lowerend water cooling solution to hit speeds a bit higher is nice and the price of 49$ makes it a no brainer.

Guest 00Smurf
nice setup

but i thought Ceramique was intended to be a temporary testing compound removed and reapplied a lot

unlike AS5 which is intended to be a permanent compound solution

its artic silver ceramique. so i dunno. its good shit though

The E4300 is a goooood budget oc chip. BUT if you have the money to put into better ram and mobo you can push the E6300 further.

that is not what I heard, Bill. I heard that the E4300 can be pushed to 3.2, where as the 6300 will only safely go to 2.8.

Guest 00Smurf
that is not what I heard, Bill. I heard that the E4300 can be pushed to 3.2, where as the 6300 will only safely go to 2.8.

i've seen the 6300 reliably go to 3.4ghz

My only suggestion would be to have waited until mid April. Intel is going to drop their prices on processors drastically. I'm waiting til then and then going to spring for a whole new setup w/ an EVGA 8800GTS or better, and a quad core proc.

Nice selection though.

Megaman that is what i read and thought before too.

no doubt we talked about it at the lan. Well just last week I got into with a buddy he showed me a site ( I can't rember it) thats a Oc comparison page. the E4300 is a damn good performer for the money its awesome as shit. The E6300 was just hitting higher numbers. I ran mine at 2.7 upstairs at the lan and 2.9 downstairs. But I was just showing off to someone that the machine would run sollid at 2.9

Guest 00Smurf
Guest 78novaman

That's a nice lil rig there. Great choice on a case, ram, & video. I don't care too much for that mobo, but it should hold up.

<E-Penis wagging>

I've got a watercooled (made my own) E6600 (4MB L2 cache) overclocked to 3.42Ghz on a Abit AW9D w/2GB XMS DDR2-800 Plus a X1900XT 512MB, soon to be a X2900XT 1GB.

</E-penis wagging>

I think pretty much all the Core 2 Duos are good overclockers as long as you put a good quality cooler and Arctic silver compound. I recommend the Arctic silver MX-1, as it has the thermal properties of the silver, but it is non conductive and has a 5+ year lifespan.