OhioRiders.net Bike Nights

Casper

You guys mind if a non-rider stops by? I'm trying to get into the sport but have yet to ever ride or really check out a bike up close. I've been scouring craigslist etc for a decent price first bike, up to $3000ish, but no luck yet. Anyways, I'd love to stop by and check some out and maybe sit on a few if possible.

Also, do you guys know anywhere that I could ride a bike without owning it? Kinda like a test drive, but on a bike, to see if I'm even comfortable or anything on one?

I will be there! They had cornhole boards that we used last year. We can get a little Tourny going if anyone else is down

Also, do you guys know anywhere that I could ride a bike without owning it? Kinda like a test drive, but on a bike, to see if I'm even comfortable or anything on one?

Thats a tuff one. Its hard to get someone to let you do a test ride when you have never riden a bike. I would say 6 out of 10 people fall over the first time riding a bike, so most people dont want to take the risk... Not trying to be a dick, just being honest.

Yota, oh I fully understand where you are coming from, and I don't doubt what you are saying. It just sucks that the only way to ride is to buy one, and then couple that with the fact that I'm not even sure I'd be comfortable riding one worries me that I'd loose a bunch of money buying a bike for like a month, and reselling it. It looks like a ton of fun, but at the same time some of the shit I've seen/heard about is very hard to look past.

I bought a bike yesterday! SCORE for me. Got all my gear today at Iron pony, so I won't make this weeks since I need to get my temps and get a little practice under my belt, but I'll be out shortly!! I'm pumped.

congrats on the bike

thanks, yours looks pretty sweet too. Is that a busa?

Kentstate...sucks to hear the turnout wasn't that great but I guess I didn't miss much. Give me a few weeks or a month and I should be good to cruise out there, just have to think my route before hand since I'm not so sure I want to go on the hwy yet, plus its kinda illegal, lol.

There were probably 15 bikes there at one point, then everybody started to leave as the air got a little chilly. I was there with three others until almost 11p. Try again next week man. This was the first one. We need to push this.